Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte into Sc400 how to

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-03, 07:32 AM
NRG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2jz-gte into Sc400 how to

i need alot of info on this, wiring, installtion, auto to manual, etc.
im very well known on swaps, do sr20 and honda all the time.

i know their's this one site with a manual, but i dont wanna cough up 200 bucks for it, im sure their's a zip file of it floating around. i just need to print it all out

thanx..
Old 01-03-03, 12:15 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats not right, Phil Auldridge spent time, money, and knowledge creating this document.
Old 01-03-03, 01:43 PM
T51R
Pole Position

Default 2jz

I am not putting you down or anything but whatever you do with sc400 is going to be expensive because of V8 and all the other stuff and not easy as you think... sr20 swap I can do it with making new harness in 8-9 hours running.... when I did on my lexus 2jz swap, it took me almost week to make a harness since I did not know anyrthing about the difference between US spec and JDM. but its better off for you to buy a sc300 and swap 2jz in it.................
or you can buy mine maybe....
Old 01-03-03, 03:01 PM
minh
Pole Position

t51r what are the specs on your car. How much are you asking?
Old 01-03-03, 04:53 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

8-9 hours for sr20 wiring harness? you must be crazy, its only like 20wires to solder up to the harness.

im sure i can do the swap on my sc400, money wont mather because i will be doing the work myself.
im sure i cant find the hardlines for the manual swap, so i might be doing stainless steal wiring for the hydro tranny.
Old 01-03-03, 08:06 PM
T51R
Pole Position

well all I told you was I did three ar20 swap in 8 hours with making a whole harness.
take a KA motor out and put sr20 in and put boost controler and intake and other things.. and I have not experience with not running car ever...

well all I wanted to tell u is you will realize how difficult it is to convert sc400 to 2jz VS sc300 convert to 2jz...

but if you think you can do it go ahead there is nothning cant be done, but there is always smart way...........
Old 01-03-03, 10:10 PM
Miles B
Hyundai Driver

No offence to Phil... I'm sure glad someone documented it and all... but 200 big ones is a bit harsh.
Old 01-04-03, 12:19 AM
NRG
Lead Lap

ok i figured it all out. i need to get a supra front clip, so i can do the supra big brake upgrade, and use the clutch setup on that supra for the SC, and wont do hardlines, just run stainless steal lines to the tranny, get the rear section, so it can handle the 6 speed tranny, pull out the complet SC400 wiring harness, and redo that **** on the 2jz wiring harness, using the supra and sc400 manauls.

alot of work, and me and my friend will do it all. it might take up to a month.
i know a few people that will get their swap done at signel auto, so ill see how their work is. before i start.

thanx everyone, and yes 200 bucks is a bit harsh.
but for 30 bucks ill pay hehe
Old 01-04-03, 12:57 AM
Lexgendboi
Driver

NGR, i can't wait for the result from u, please let us know. I always wanted to do this swap, but as a college student, $ and time are some issue to consider. I definately think that you'll have to do some welding for the engine mount since the V8 mounts are different from the inline 6. The V8 wiring harness is no doubt to be out and replace by complete V6 harness. Next is ECU, steering and exhaust system might need work as well. I don't know much about the tranmission ecu but if the V8 trans is replaced, the electronic system that control it should also be replace. Well, these are some thought that i came up with over times. Please let me know if there is something isn't or is needed to be done more to complete the swap.
Old 01-04-03, 01:23 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really that much more work to do the GTE swap into an SC4 over an SC3, it's definitely alot of work either way, but everything's being pulled anyway, the main differences are essentially motor mounts and some lines for a/c, etc, but since you're doing a ton of wiring anyway (122 wires if memory serves, then again i'm tired and that's probably for a Volvo ), it's maybe an extra day on top of seven or eight full days, which in straight labour is another $400-800, nothing major, and since he's doing it with his buddy, it's free labour other than the time and skinned knuckles. T51R (Scott, right?) you know what's what, so pls correct me if i'm encouraging him too much, but after looking for an SC3 as cherry as my SC4 and not having much luck, i'm leaning towards dropping the GTE in place of the 1UZ, matter of fact I spoke with Zach from Paisley's and Frankie from PF and they both encouraged me to do it and both said they would take the job. Since changes are occuring within PF, i'll either wait until that's done, or Craig said he'd have some room for my car in a few months, so i'll probably have Paisley do it since I no longer have the room or the time. MKIV front clip anyone? I'm trying to get one of Paisley's old motors , but if not, anyone got a good contact on a clip or GTE with all the peripherals? Besides, my SC4 is loaded, how many SC3's do you see with Nakamichi, spoiler, heated seats, TRAC, cel, etc? Add GTE swap, valve body and converter, TT 6spd LSD and half shafts, BPU until the single is installed and the trans is built, easy peesy Japaneesy .......
Attached Thumbnails 2jz-gte into Sc400 how to-compressed-polished-lips-front.jpg  
Old 01-05-03, 02:55 AM
Tryk
Pole Position

Yes I have to agree that $200US for that guide is absolutely insane.
In my Mazda 323 community, it would be free, I promise you that. I needed a factory fuel pump, someone sold me their old one for the price of shipping. My car was vandalized and the driver's side mirror was smashed off, someone from the 323 mailing list sold me one for $5(power mirror- mazda charges $390CAD)
This one nice guy in the Mazda 323Turbo community scanned the WHOLE mazda service manual for our cars and put it to .pdf format. Spent many many many hours doing so(880 pages). How much did he charge? FREE, just pay for shipping.

I don't know why, maybe it is because the Mazda 323 community is not generally as wealthy? therefore not as greedy? who knows.

I can't wait to buy a SC300, but I sure do wish the community were as helpful as the other ones I know of.
Old 01-05-03, 03:11 AM
Miles B
Hyundai Driver

Tryk.. agree. I'm used to bike communities where everyone falls over themselves to help you out for free. I've done it for a few people myself a few times.

If he wants to charge 200, hey that's his choice and good luck to him.. I don't think many people will buy it though. If I was doing the swap, I wouldn't buy it. In Australian dollars, that's almost 400 bucks. Still, I'm glad he documented it, and the info is out there.
Old 01-05-03, 08:51 PM
Tommyd1919
Lead Lap

Is $200 really to much? If the swap is as hard as everyone makes it out to be then I don't see that really being that bad.. In a community were $4000 to $7000 turbo kits and $3000 wheels are the norm it seems like it would be refreshing to buy anything for $200. I just spent $137 on a set of brake pads with shipping. Before I found this site (clublexus) I spent many hours a day just trying to find someone that would talk to me about the swap. As a shop owner I am use to getting a little bit of professional courtesy when I have another shop on the phone. Not with these lexus/toyota people. They just wanted to talk dollar figures and then dismissed me totally when I told them I had my own swap and parts. I decided what I was going to do was do the swap (I know Im capable swaps are what I do for a living) and give all the information away free BUT when I found out that some guy had wrote a book and was being very helpful I decided not to step on anyones toes. He seems to be a nice guy. I think everything in this whole performance game is over priced so why shouldn't the book be....... Maybe thats just me
Old 01-05-03, 09:42 PM
Miles B
Hyundai Driver

If you want to give the info away for free, then please, do it. I am sure there would be a lot of people around here grateful for it. I would be interested... I don't plan on doing that particular swap, but I wouldn't mind hearing about certain aspects of it.

I don't see any reason why someone who wants to give free advice should stop from doing it, just because someone else wants to make a profit out of it.
Old 01-09-03, 08:20 AM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

im glad that its documented but he did spend a lot of time doing so. its up to him wheather to give the info for free but 200buxs isn't bad but isn't great also. i am considering buying his book cause from what i've heard, the wiring isn't too fun and the dash harness is a real *****. i've talked to my friends at other shops about the harness (ie: sp enginerring) and they said its pretty hard. i work at a shop so im pretty capable of doing the swap but wiring is not fun. my friend at sp knows someone who can do it but is charging WAY more than $200. i see that all i need is the info because thats really the only thing i would need. so in turn 200 is not a bad price considering what people charge for wiring. It would be great if the info was free but respect people for what they chose to do with there wizdom.

Quick Reply: 2jz-gte into Sc400 how to