Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

please help with electrical issue on my sc

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 11:03 AM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default please help with electrical issue on my sc

OK first here is my problem i was attempting to replace my interior lights with LEDs last night
and everything was going well until it got like 200am and i was having trouble with the seat warmer button lights. i not exactly sure what i did but i think i tried to remove the bulb with a small screwdriver while the thing was plugged in it sparked a tiny bit n now i cant get them to work even with stock bulbs . to make matters worse the ignition ring light stock bulb was stuck and i tried to remove it with a small pliers it broke and i didn't realize it was hot too until it flickered and when it did the foot well light went out along with the ign ring light.

i have already checked every fuse and pulled all the relays after disconnecting battery no luck
i also have tried to put different bulbs in them again . it said in the OM that the dome light fuse controls all the little courtesy lights etc . but my dome light still works > the only thing i noticed is the door part didn't work but not sure it did before i screwed this up any help will be greatly appreciated thanks tom
if you have answers please text or call me or PM me at 502-644-8549 thanks tom
Old 06-04-13, 05:49 AM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flash92sc
OK first here is my problem i was attempting to replace my interior lights with LEDs last night
and everything was going well until it got like 200am and i was having trouble with the seat warmer button lights. i not exactly sure what i did but i think i tried to remove the bulb with a small screwdriver while the thing was plugged in it sparked a tiny bit n now i cant get them to work even with stock bulbs . to make matters worse the ignition ring light stock bulb was stuck and i tried to remove it with a small pliers it broke and i didn't realize it was hot too until it flickered and when it did the foot well light went out along with the ign ring light.

i have already checked every fuse and pulled all the relays after disconnecting battery no luck
i also have tried to put different bulbs in them again . it said in the OM that the dome light fuse controls all the little courtesy lights etc . but my dome light still works > the only thing i noticed is the door part didn't work but not sure it did before i screwed this up any help will be greatly appreciated thanks tom
if you have answers please text or call me or PM me at 502-644-8549 thanks tom
Mods. Will you please move this to lighting thread I mistakenly put it here. Thanks