Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

obd-2 (obd-II) 2JZ-GE into obd-1 (obd-II) body help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-13, 08:59 AM
tlylesbey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
that hose just take fresh air to the fuel rail to help with fuel atomization, but the iacv itself is the same that is just where they take the air from.
Ok i will but i did find one problem, i dont have my p/s hose connected and there is a vacuum line on there and i capped it off for the meanwhile but the idle went up to about 600rpm and drives heck of a lot better but i still will check the iacv, but i should put the p/s back together as well
Old 07-30-13, 12:07 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

yeah that would create a good sized vac leak, that is the largest vacuum nipple coming off of the upper intake manifold after all for the power steering. you can cap it off at the manifold even that will help with how it runs, but you wont get idle up when you turn the steering wheel with it capped and it may stay in high speed steering mode most of the time, so just be aware when driving it. I had it capped off for a long time without much hassle but its def better with it on. at least it will eliminate possible vacuum leaks, you may want to even reset the ecu after fixing that.

another common vacuum leak is the valve cover gaskets, the intake pulls air through the PCV and that draws air through the passenger vent from the intake tube after the maf (of course). If you have a leak on any of these hoses or a bad enough leak on the valve cover gaskets you can get a rough idle as well among other issues like misfires. same with the power steering hose or the hose going to the injectors. any vac leak and these motors do not run 100% smooth and considering how smooth they run when right its easy to notice.
Old 07-30-13, 06:31 PM
tlylesbey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
yeah that would create a good sized vac leak, that is the largest vacuum nipple coming off of the upper intake manifold after all for the power steering. you can cap it off at the manifold even that will help with how it runs, but you wont get idle up when you turn the steering wheel with it capped and it may stay in high speed steering mode most of the time, so just be aware when driving it. I had it capped off for a long time without much hassle but its def better with it on. at least it will eliminate possible vacuum leaks, you may want to even reset the ecu after fixing that.

another common vacuum leak is the valve cover gaskets, the intake pulls air through the PCV and that draws air through the passenger vent from the intake tube after the maf (of course). If you have a leak on any of these hoses or a bad enough leak on the valve cover gaskets you can get a rough idle as well among other issues like misfires. same with the power steering hose or the hose going to the injectors. any vac leak and these motors do not run 100% smooth and considering how smooth they run when right its easy to notice.
Thats what it was my p/s, i hooked up the hose and the vacuum hoses and the car runs smooth as butter,besides shocks and lca's but other than that.....thanks for your help