Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help my ex girl friend stold my only key =/

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-13, 08:37 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics of key thief?

I took an eBay key to the dealer, they told me they'd cut it, but there's a possibility it might not work due to not bein original and wouldn't refund if that in fact happened. Was like $15/key or something, both work flawlessly.
Old 09-09-13, 10:14 AM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrank
Pics of key thief?

I took an eBay key to the dealer, they told me they'd cut it, but there's a possibility it might not work due to not bein original and wouldn't refund if that in fact happened. Was like $15/key or something, both work flawlessly.
i got some nudes!!! but no and i already bought the key so ill have to try. so i talked to a guy and he said pull my driver key cylinder and the code is 5 digits on the side of the cylinder? i got the cylinder and the 5 digits any one know if the key code is 5 digits?
Old 09-09-13, 11:20 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

If you have the key you can just copy it now. no need for codes.
and you can always try another lexus dealer, the one around me cut my internet blank without asking any questions, a soda and some donuts later (gotta love lexus lobby's) I had a brand new looking key.
Since you don't have the electronics to swap over to the blank anyways the best you can do without buying the electronics again is just a plain master key which sounds like what you got.
Old 09-09-13, 12:21 PM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
If you have the key you can just copy it now. no need for codes.
and you can always try another lexus dealer, the one around me cut my internet blank without asking any questions, a soda and some donuts later (gotta love lexus lobby's) I had a brand new looking key.
Since you don't have the electronics to swap over to the blank anyways the best you can do without buying the electronics again is just a plain master key which sounds like what you got.
i have no keys to copy soo they would need a code am i right?
Old 09-09-13, 02:14 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Oh I thought you were bankswood for a second. no you don't need the code, I guess you could do it that way but why not just go to the dealer and do what he did just give them your info and just get a regular key its not as expensive as the remote ones. call them up to make sure you take the stuff like drivers licence, vin, and registration etc.. I am not sure how much info they need.
Old 09-09-13, 03:00 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I gave them the vin from the car and my ID. No problems. Plus one on the snacks and crap. They look at me crazy because I become a glutton and consume enough cookies/brownies/pastries to kill a horse and wipe out at least a full thing of coffee just on general principal for making me get parts at a boutique and deal with the yuppies/hipsters (I'm in Austin). Plus I'm usually dressed in some work clothes looking like white trash driving a multi colored Cressida with a big *** intercooler and zero exhaust. And I park it prominently up front. I've had people get up and move when I sit next to them hahahahaha
Old 09-09-13, 03:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

so did you try the $15 key?
Old 09-10-13, 01:40 PM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
so did you try the $15 key?
ebay says it will be here tomorrow on my bday =]
Old 09-10-13, 02:52 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax98
was it a valet key? Any idea how much a master key woulda cost?
The keys change over the years, so pricing varies. Your sig says you have a 98, so a remote master key will be a little over $200 if I remember correctly.
Old 09-11-13, 10:15 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bankswood
I bought a blank on ebay and I thought the quality looked good. I took it to the Lexus Stealer and they would not cut it because they said it might mess up their key cutting device. Good news is they cut me a new key for $28. If I had wanted a key with the Lexus log it was $45. Rightttttt, I'm going to pay $17 for the logo. NOT!!!
LMAO i just died laughing
Old 09-13-13, 04:08 AM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC4o0
LMAO i just died laughing
hahaha yeaaa well i will see toay how much they charge me ha.....

and so get this **** same crazy ex decided to slash my rear tire AWESOME!!!!! on my birthday none of the less........ fml
Old 09-13-13, 05:14 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PoisonedSc

and so get this **** same crazy ex decided to slash my rear tire AWESOME!!!!! on my birthday none of the less........ fml
this is why im single

im ordering the valet wallet key combo, i dont have $300+ to throw away for an original.
Old 09-13-13, 07:45 AM
Brianmoss
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PoisonedSc

Happy birthday, no more crazies.
Old 09-13-13, 07:46 AM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Geez dude you might need a restraining order. Women are crazy but this one is over the top. Hope she doesn't have a gun.
Old 09-13-13, 07:49 AM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by madmax98
was it a valet key? Any idea https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ly-key.htmlhow much a master key woulda cost?
Sorry MadMax just saw your question. It is a master. I have never had it cut but as I sais it looks like good quality.

Quick Reply: Help my ex girl friend stold my only key =/