Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aftermarket Fuel Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-13, 09:58 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket Fuel Injectors

I am looking to upgrade my fuel system and would like to start with the fuel injectors but I have a few questions. I will be doing the TT mod in the near future and I know the TT ECU is mapped for 440s. I am looking to purchase the 500-600cc injectors and wanted to know if it is too much for the TT ECU mod. Am I going to be running rich where I would need a piggy back/fuel controller? I will eventually will be looking for more power but did not want to run rich in the meantime where I will experience any issues, I would like a reliable daily driven car until I do any more upgrades.

My other question is wiring up the injectors. I am planning to pickup maybe some 550s Osidetigers from ebay or some 660s from a forum member. There are two wires from the connectors, one red and the other black. Which wire would I be wiring up on the harness side?

TIA

Old 09-03-13, 04:40 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do no buy cheap fuel parts. Ie: osidetiger. Yes, you'll need some sort of fuel controller. The ecu can correct a fair amount, but its not good to make it do so. I'm assuming red means power and black means ground, so wire the red one to the wire that gets 12v at key on, prob black/orange stripe, but verifying stuff by color and NOT by circuit IS stupid. Make sure injectors are high impedance. Good luck.
Old 09-03-13, 09:18 AM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vrank
Do no buy cheap fuel parts. Ie: osidetiger. Yes, you'll need some sort of fuel controller. The ecu can correct a fair amount, but its not good to make it do so. I'm assuming red means power and black means ground, so wire the red one to the wire that gets 12v at key on, prob black/orange stripe, but verifying stuff by color and NOT by circuit IS stupid. Make sure injectors are high impedance. Good luck.

Thanks, yea I was thinking the same about red goes to power and black to ground but I wanted to make sure before I do any wiring. Pulling out that top part of the intake is no fun so I want to get it right the first time.

Have you heard anything bad about those Odisetiger injectors? What brand of injectors should I buy that are affordable? I heard RCs were good but I cant see myself spending over $500 on injectors, I need to save $$$ for other parts.

Where can I get a set of decent injectors for a fair price? I heard people are using RX7 fuel injectors, are they the same sizes as the SC300 injectors?
Old 09-03-13, 09:25 AM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vrank
Do you have any experience with the osidetiger injectors?

OP, take note that they have 3000 positive feedback and zero negative..... That generally gives me a bit more confidence when dealing with a new brand.
That being said if your not comfortable trying them ( I wish i saw them when building my car) go for some Lucas injectors or rx7 like you mentioned.