Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Megasquirt MS3 with 2JZGTE?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-13, 07:29 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Megasquirt MS3 with 2JZGTE?

I recently bought a 93 SC300 and a 2JZGTE Aristo combo to go in it and am getting parts together and am looking at a couple of EMS's. I am looking at a 550-600hp build and will be driving it a good bit. I live near the DIY shop that sells the Megasquirt stuff. So, I just want to know if anyone has experience with the MS3 system from Megasquirt? I know its a pretty powerful system for the price just requires a little more install effert that other PNP systems. If any of you have experience with installing this system, know of others experiences with it good or bad, how well it operates let me hear about it! I know about the previous MS1 MS2 systems and they are nothing compared to what this system has to offer so not really interested about hearing anything on them. Also I'm in the Atlanta area, so if you know of some good tuners for this system let me know. Fill me in guys Thanks!

Last edited by geauxsimon; 09-13-13 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-13-13, 08:10 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shadome on the forums is really good with the megasquirt. If you cant find him here he is on supraforums.com
Old 09-13-13, 08:27 PM
Halon
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

You'll want to get it with the MS3x expansion board. I'm currently running it on my 2jzge na-t setup with the stock ecu still controlling the peripherals.
Old 09-13-13, 09:15 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
Shadome on the forums is really good with the megasquirt. If you cant find him here he is on supraforums.com
I have chatted with him once. He seemed pretty knowledgable but it was just a brief message. I would like to get more into detail about this system and pick his brain more though. Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Halon
You'll want to get it with the MS3x expansion board. I'm currently running it on my 2jzge na-t setup with the stock ecu still controlling the peripherals.
Really? NIce! Did you do your own wiring? How was in the install? Any issues or hickups?
Old 09-14-13, 07:36 AM
Halon
Racer

Yep wired it myself. Install wasn't too bad. I had noise issues with the stock distributor but if ur going gte then shouldn't be an issue for you. Shaodome is the man when it comes to MS.
Old 09-14-13, 10:55 AM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by Halon
Yep wired it myself. Install wasn't too bad. I had noise issues with the stock distributor but if ur going gte then shouldn't be an issue for you. Shaodome is the man when it comes to MS.
How was the tune? I have talked to some very reputable shops in my area and they are wanting to play with it, but alot of shops havent messed with it. If I could find a shop that is familiar with it I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat!
Old 09-14-13, 10:56 AM
geauxsimon
Driver

Does anyone know of a shop that has experience tuning megasquirt in the Atlanta area?
Old 09-14-13, 02:41 PM
Halon
Racer

A good tuner will figure it out. I got it running halfway decent on my own, and brought it to our local tuning guru to dial it in. He'd never really messed with MS much but after I gave him a quick 2 minute intro to it, he was flying through it faster than me.
Old 01-16-14, 12:59 PM
babowc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
Does anyone know of a shop that has experience tuning megasquirt in the Atlanta area?
MS HQ/branch is in the metro area.
Look em up.

DIYautotune

Last edited by babowc; 01-16-14 at 01:06 PM.