Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz preventive maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-13, 09:41 PM
IneednSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz preventive maintenance

So I'm going to be getting a new 1j in the next couple of months and want to start it off right, I don't have tons of money or mechanical know how but I know a little and have a little. Since it will be on an engine stand I want to replace all the small things that cause a pain down the road I'm just not sure if I have it all covered.

Here is my list of all new not to expensive parts: waterpump, alternator, sepertine, timing belt, rebuilt or decent pair of twins, replace all vacuum lines, plugs, new oil , seal and gasket set ( minus the head gasket )...now I may be leaving out tons of small things but I am no mechanic and here to get guidance from ppl who have been there and done that so please help me plan to do this right lol

Also I'm going to have my old 1jz so what parts should I keep off of it before I decide what to do with it? Has crank walk and a coolant leak on the rear of the head.

Last edited by IneednSC; 10-02-13 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-03-13, 10:28 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the coolant hoses that go to the throttle body and IACV. Had one burst before, pain to get to depending on which one, especially when it happens somewhere inconvenient. Sounds like thats your current coolant leak problem. Also, depending on how it looks, might wanna throw a new oil pump on there.

As for keeping stuff, I'm a hoarder. I say keep it all! haha. Definitely keep all the accessories and sesnors
Old 10-03-13, 01:43 PM
IneednSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrank
All the coolant hoses that go to the throttle body and IACV. Had one burst before, pain to get to depending on which one, especially when it happens somewhere inconvenient. Sounds like thats your current coolant leak problem. Also, depending on how it looks, might wanna throw a new oil pump on there.

As for keeping stuff, I'm a hoarder. I say keep it all! haha. Definitely keep all the accessories and sesnors
Ok that would be a good idea for the oil pump as for that coolant pipe I can't tell cause the back of the engine sits so close to the back of the engine bay in the sc