Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

soarer 1jz swapped sc300 cranking but no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-14, 12:28 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default soarer 1jz swapped sc300 cranking but no start

Hey guys so i just finished up the swap on onmy sc300, its a soarer 1jz automatic. Did all the matienace to it, new timing belt, water pump, front / rear main seals, plugs etc.

As far as the wiring goes its all hooked up but there are maby 4-5 wires from the body plugs harness i wasnt able to match up.

So today i went to crank it for the first and and it does crank and rotate but no start.

Im about to recheck my plugs, but like i said it cranks but no start.

Im thinking maby the ignitor is bad? Or what do you think can cause this issue? I do smell fuel so i assume its getting fuel, lastly is spark.

Lmk what you guys think

Edit: i just tested the car again, and with and without the ecu plugged in the car cranks over but no start

So tomorow ima recheck the wiring, check out ignitor as well and plugs, and im check the obvious things. sucks i really needed it to be running, if anyone can help me out plesse lmk

Last edited by Golden95SC; 01-23-14 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-25-14, 06:14 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

So i doubled checked maby i messed up on timing, but its all good, tdc and #1 cylinder up. I did pull the plugs and it is receiving fuel. Il double doublecheck the gap. Have em at 28, so i guess its not a fuel issue amd its a spark issue. Can somone enlighten me on what could be the issue? Can the cluster harness / body plug connectors prevent it from starting if a wire is off? Also i looked the crank positioning sensor, but i dont think it looks like anything is wrong with it

I recieved the engine from jdmenginedepot. There suppose to be big 2j/1j guys so i doubt the equipment i recieved is faulty

Last edited by Golden95SC; 01-25-14 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-26-14, 07:44 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

During this build or swap, did you do the fuel 12 volt mod? When you checked the timing, did you make sure all three points were aligned correctly, one on each cam, and one on the crank?
Old 01-26-14, 11:28 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

No i have not done the 12v mod. Is it sort of a mandatory thing? And yea the timing is dead on everything perfect. Now im thinking its spark issue. I pulled a plug out and i could smel fuel, also i undid the fuel to make sure and there was fuel going through it. i mean i dont get a little start or feel like the car wanting to start

Im gona try starting it without the body plugs plugged in, other than that i tightened down my spark plugs good and im sure my coils are in properly and connectors are in sequence.

Last edited by Golden95SC; 01-27-14 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-08-14, 01:38 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

So i finaly ixed up everything , new radiator and everythings hooked up, im stil in the situation. Cars just keeps cranking over. No spark whats so ever, can someone enlighten me on what i could try im kinda frustrated wit this lol. I neeed it to start badly

Ive seen people start 1js on palets idk how they can get it to run lol, anyone.know what wires.are a must for it.to start , maby thats my fault

Last edited by Golden95SC; 02-08-14 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-09-14, 01:55 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

No luck still, idk what to try anymore im completly lost here, anyone have ideas? It just keeps cranking, no start or signs of starting. Just cranks.
Old 02-09-14, 02:50 PM
Shrugy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When the key is on the ON position is there a Check engine light illuminated?

I would check your ECU as I had very similar problems, the capacitors started leaking and caused my car all kinds of odd issues, including not starting.
Old 02-09-14, 11:27 PM
Firemr2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try and swap out the igniter or make sure its grounded properly. something small like this gets overlooked all the time.
Old 02-10-14, 06:39 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

100% guaranteed its your wiring, or wiring related. Are the grounds to the intake tight? How is it even turning over with the body plugs not plugged in? Does your check engine light work?

You shouldn't try to wire these things if you don't understand how they work. And I know you don't understand how they work because you attempted to start the vehicle with the body plugs unplugged. That means you fail to realize how the system gets its power.
Old 02-10-14, 03:37 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

No the car will not crank over without the plugs they are mandatory,(i learned that quickly) lol, its more than likely that the wiring is off but its strange that everything is up to par with the wiring other than not sparking which could a multitude of things. And yes i agree i dont have the slightest clue on what im doin with the wiring, i have minimal experience in that department. But it seems to me with the wiring that i did , it should be enough to get the car going. I could be dearly mistaken though.

Im going to double check my grounds, and im going to have the ignitor tested as ive read that these things tend to go out.

Thanks for the input guys

As far a the check engine light i belive off (so it must not be.working since it should be on when the power is on) but wont know for sure suretil the car is running.

The only grounds that i know i connected was the tranny ground and the one of the back of the motor. Am i missing some? Ima see what i can find out

Last edited by Golden95SC; 02-10-14 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-10-14, 06:07 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

It should illuminate at key on, and in the event of a no fire, will tell you what it thinks is the reason. If it worked, I'd be willing to bet it'd have codes stored right now.
Old 02-11-14, 02:24 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Il check on that tomorow vrank, but i was doing some reading and aperantly theres 2 grounds on the intake mani? I dont remember seeing any on mine
Old 02-11-14, 05:29 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you getting power at the Ignitor? power at the coils? cam sensors and crank sensor wired correctly?

Do youhave fuel?

I am sure it's in you body plugs...