Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

95-97 SC300 short shifter

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 11:58 AM
Mach Tuck
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back from the dead!

I have a Supra that has a 97 Supra W58 swapped into it. Anyways, my issue is the shifter itself and the shift rod aren't matching up. I have a tripod shifter. But the shift rod is perfectly straight and so it is causing my shift rod to sit angled very far back. This is making it next to impossible to shift into 2nd, 4th and reverse as it bangs into the shifter trim piece. Basically I have to take the shifter console off to be able to drive the car.

If the shifter had an angle past the fulcrum point then it would work. But this shift rod I have is perfectly straight.

Is this short shifter perfectly straight or does it have a slight angle to it to allow clearance for the shifter console?
Old 01-21-16, 12:12 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its funny i was actually looking for a short shifter for my 95. i may give this a go and see what happens.
Old 01-21-16, 03:46 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Id assume this shifter will work on tripod r154 as well....might give it a try as its pretty cheap
Old 01-22-16, 08:03 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mach Tuck
Back from the dead!

I have a Supra that has a 97 Supra W58 swapped into it. Anyways, my issue is the shifter itself and the shift rod aren't matching up. I have a tripod shifter. But the shift rod is perfectly straight and so it is causing my shift rod to sit angled very far back. This is making it next to impossible to shift into 2nd, 4th and reverse as it bangs into the shifter trim piece. Basically I have to take the shifter console off to be able to drive the car.

If the shifter had an angle past the fulcrum point then it would work. But this shift rod I have is perfectly straight.

Is this short shifter perfectly straight or does it have a slight angle to it to allow clearance for the shifter console?
From the pictures above it looks like its fairly straight, I would try it man.