Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help with 1jz timing belt

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-14, 07:50 PM
Marckussb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 1jz timing belt

So I've spent the last hour searching for a gates timing belt for my 1jz and all I can find are stores out of Australia.

I've seen the link on here before but I seriously can't find it. Can someone link me?

I know I can go get an Isuzu Rodeo belt, but it also haven't been able to find out which one it is and how safe they are at higher HP. (I'm about to be closer to 500hp)

Thanks in advance
Old 03-12-14, 08:23 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Marckussb
So I've spent the last hour searching for a gates timing belt for my 1jz and all I can find are stores out of Australia.

I've seen the link on here before but I seriously can't find it. Can someone link me?

I know I can go get an Isuzu Rodeo belt, but it also haven't been able to find out which one it is and how safe they are at higher HP. (I'm about to be closer to 500hp)

Thanks in advance

www.driftmotion.com stocks them
Old 03-13-14, 07:32 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Marckussb

I know I can go get an Isuzu Rodeo, but it also haven't been able to find out which one it is and how safe they are at higher HP. (I'm about to be closer to 500hp)

Thanks in advance
The Isuzu Rodeo 4ZE1 2.6L belt is more than adequate for our needs. There is NO evidence that it is inferior to the OEM Toyota belt. It spins from idle to redline on their motors same way it does on our cars. HP does not impact this whether the motor makes 100hp or 1000hp.

The only factors that could hasten wear would be aftermarket cam gears, big cams with big springs and maybe a really lightweight flywheel.
Old 03-16-14, 09:19 PM
Marckussb
Driver School Candidate

That's good to know. I am running stock cams with Titan cam gears, hence why I'm interested in the Gates Performance belt, I just can't find it stateside.