Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz replace or rebuild turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-14, 04:41 PM
JonBlaze2g
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by soarer93
are you sure its the turbos? or just a guess?
if its not 100% for sure... read below.

is there oil in your intake piping, intercooler, air filter box? around the PCV Valve and its lines?

Not trying to rule out that you did infact take the turbos out and deemed them 'bad' but I have seen it often where it is somethingelse..
there was oil in the intercooler piping, spitting out of the down pipe and running dow the air filter pipe. when i took the turbos out one of the shafts fell out. u have been very helpful sir i appreciate the input
Old 03-31-14, 04:55 PM
JonBlaze2g
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Sc3001jz
If your talking about Driftmotion being in the ATL their not, their in Cal. Ive ordered some parts from them before. I am also in the same boat as you my fellow 1jz friend, but my stock turbos have lasted a little over a year for me at 17 lbs. If your north of ATL around flowery branch or Buford i would suggest going to ARD Motorsports, Chris Anderson owns it, he used to own AAP Motorsports, he knows his ****.
yeah i found out they aren't in atlanta and i'd rather deal with someone locally so i guess ill be looking up chris. speaking of dealing locally i found a motor importer in atlanta who turned out to be my neighbor in a previous neighborhood i lived in, he remembered me by name from fifteen years ago even gave me a tour through the warehouse. he has a junkyard on one side of the street and the warehouse is across. i'll inbox anyone the info that wants it thanks again for all the info guys.