Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbo size?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-14, 08:59 PM
xiaolong
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jdeemo
Is it plug and play? Im not really into the wiring thing. I dont do electrical stuff. Aha
My opinion on a couple things you brought up....I really hope you get what you want, theres nothing better than a high HP SC surprising everyone around you. So think of my tone here as casual and friendly.

1: there is absolutely nothing "plug and play" about 650 rwhp. there is no "turbo kit" for 650rwhp. you want plug and play, get an intake.
2: Cheaper and better doesn't exist.
3: You will absolutely have to do some wiring.
4: AEM is "expensive as hell"? thats nothing, standalone is an absolute requirement unless you just want to blow your car up. the AEM purchase is like getting dishwasher detergent for your dishes, it's just a necessity.
5: you'll need a LOT more than a turbo to hit 650rwhp. it's what you call supporting mods. Only reason I say this obvious fact is because you started your thread asking only about a turbo.
6: 91 octane will take a big turbo for your goal. Sorry, but 91 octane is crap.
7: e85 will take.....wiring, pumps, lines, injectors, wiring....
8: haven't addressed the tranny yet actually. w58 won't hold 650. Stock auto won't hold 400. TT auto won't hold more than 550. R154 with competition clutch, V160, or a Built Auto is your only choice. But wait, there's some more wiring you'll have to do.
9: I'll stop here for now

Dude, honestly I wish you good luck here, I just got a little confused. You asked about a turbo for 650rwhp. Thats a lot of power and it takes a lot more than a turbo, otherwise everyone would have 650hp.
Old 04-03-14, 05:47 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by xiaolong
My opinion on a couple things you brought up....I really hope you get what you want, theres nothing better than a high HP SC surprising everyone around you. So think of my tone here as casual and friendly.

1: there is absolutely nothing "plug and play" about 650 rwhp. there is no "turbo kit" for 650rwhp. you want plug and play, get an intake.
4: AEM is "expensive as hell"? thats nothing, standalone is an absolute requirement unless you just want to blow your car up. the AEM purchase is like getting dishwasher detergent for your dishes, it's just a necessity.
5: you'll need a LOT more than a turbo to hit 650rwhp. it's what you call supporting mods. Only reason I say this obvious fact is because you started your thread asking only about a turbo.
8: haven't addressed the tranny yet actually. w58 won't hold 650. Stock auto won't hold 400. TT auto won't hold more than 550. R154 with competition clutch, V160, or a Built Auto is your only choice. But wait, there's some more wiring you'll have to do.

Dude, honestly I wish you good luck here, I just got a little confused. You asked about a turbo for 650rwhp. Thats a lot of power and it takes a lot more than a turbo, otherwise everyone would have 650hp.
^^Well said This is 100% correct, and i'm 100% with you on everything..
Old 04-03-14, 06:29 AM
soarer93
Pole Position

What other items are you going to buy with your turbo? -
(I am assuming you have them priced/picked out).
Going distributorless ? If not AEM, what ECU are you planning on running. Ive never looked into switching to e85, I assume you have, whats all involved? All I know is its not as simple as filling up the tank with e85.
ive never looked much into NA-T setups, I know there are a lot of journals/write-ups on here I should search up and read through, but Ill be intrigued what route you go

(in my opinion, just get a turbo charged motor and work from there, because it will be out of the car, you can build it before you put it in or comes built) that usually seems the least expensive option from what ive spent 5 minutes searching on.
Old 04-03-14, 06:44 AM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1992 SC300...20psi: 600rwhp, 30psi: 750rwhp.... 2JZ-GTE Swap, BC 272 cams, HKS cam gears, BW S372 w/race cover, AEM V1, E85, 1600cc inj, LS400 BBK, Soarer R154, RPS stage 5 clutch, aeromotive reg, 2 Bosch pumps, billet fuel rail, billet tensioner, HKS ignition, BC Racing BR coilovers, bla bla bla....
you obviously have no clue what you're talking about (nice numbers, by the way)

2jdeemo, if you don't/can't do wiring, my advice is finding someone who can. Beer and pizza, or barbeque go a long way, and is cheaper than paying someone to do it. Just be sure they have experience in wiring and reading diagrams.
Old 04-03-14, 07:09 AM
that2JZguy
Driver

This man right here speaks the damn truth! (And I recognize your name from SF )

Dude, there's a lot to making 650hp. There's no way I can see it happening without breaking 5 digits.
Old 04-03-14, 10:02 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I wish there was a car shop that took beer, pizza, and barbecue as payment. I could retire my wrenches then.