Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need help please! car acting very strange!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-15, 05:24 PM
Scjunky94
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just checked the wire and it was rubbing on the timing belt, got eaten up a bit but don't notice any damage how can I know wether it has done any damage? And what's the wire connect to? the coil sensor?
Old 01-30-15, 05:51 PM
Scjunky94
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE!!! So I put the wire where it is supposed to be and it isn't rubbing on the timing belt anymore. Plugged in the MAF and reset the computer. took car for a quick drive and sure enough drove amazingggg and smooth!!! (normally after plugging the MAF it would shut off after 10 seconds...) can that have really been the problem? something so small? my brother told me that could explain why it only happened when I drove my car for awhile as the more I drove the hotter the wire would get from getting eaten and rubbed by the timing belt causing the sensor the wire is for to not read right. Well for now ill drive the car hopefully the problem doesn't pursue! ill keep everyone updated!!
Old 02-04-15, 02:45 PM
Scjunky94
Driver School Candidate

Ok so I've been driving fine and just started to happen again -____- again, car only begins to struggle once it's been warmed up and driving around. Anybody have aby suggestions?
Old 02-04-15, 07:00 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just a thought for something you can check, plugged cats will do the same thing, they'll let the car run fine when it's cold but as pressure builds in the exhaust system it will choke the engine with to much back pressure. When it does this to you, have someone press on the throttle while you check to see if exhaust flow is reduced @ the tail pipe. also plugged cats will turn red with heat. We used to shove potato's up peoples tail pipes & it would shut the car down, or blow their muffler apart. I bought a car once that had a chipmunk nest up the exhaust, wouldn't go over 30 till I blew chipmunk & Muffler all over the road! Not sure what requirements for emissions are in FL but here in Pa, if I re-title to classic plates I can get rid of cats & such.
Old 02-04-15, 07:06 PM
coberstati
Driver School Candidate

Default sorry but no one ever says fixed

I have a thud/clunk sound when no accelaration then i punch it and iget a clunk sound. One clunk. In every gear if i roll then give it gas i hear a clunk and if put in gear and drop clutch it will clunk. If goin at a good speed then jump off gas fast i hear the clunk. No forum here that says they fixed it by doing ??????????? HELP!!!
Old 02-04-15, 07:15 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by coberstati
I have a thud/clunk sound when no accelaration then i punch it and iget a clunk sound. One clunk. In every gear if i roll then give it gas i hear a clunk and if put in gear and drop clutch it will clunk. If goin at a good speed then jump off gas fast i hear the clunk. No forum here that says they fixed it by doing ??????????? HELP!!!
Check your drive shaft, check for play in your differential, Check the bushings that your diff mounts in for wear. Replace worn parts
Old 02-04-15, 07:43 PM
coberstati
Driver School Candidate

Thanks will do. Tho curious have read so many forums on this and no one says its ever fixed. And its not doin it when im braking
Old 02-04-15, 10:45 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by coberstati
Thanks will do. Tho curious have read so many forums on this and no one says its ever fixed. And its not doin it when im braking
Clunking noises occur when tension is taken off & free play changes dynamics, when you brake it puts tension on the parts & holds them there. AS far as the threads go, once you determine what needs fixed, then there are threads to tell you how to do the particular repair.
Old 02-05-15, 10:45 AM
Scjunky94
Driver School Candidate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq-3...ature=youtu.be

here is a video of EXACTLY what is going on someone PLEASE help... it is very annoying to deal with everyday considering it is my daily
Old 02-05-15, 10:48 AM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't recall...did you check the distributor and the 2 ignition coils?
Old 02-05-15, 12:02 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

probably your ecu is going bad, take it out and open it and have a look around for the leak, sounds like the motor is flooding out. it could also be a very badly shorted o2 sensor, both are worth a look. when the ecu is starting to go bad it will happen when warmed up like you are talking about. later on it will do it all the time if its that as it gets worse.
Old 02-07-15, 10:24 AM
Scjunky94
Driver School Candidate

Ok so I ran the codes again and now its only 31.... wth is going on?? before it was 13,24 and 31 then only 13 and 24 after I installed the new maf and now its only giving me 31 out of nowhere? gonna check the ecu just incase but can it be that? can the ecu be causing all these issues? thinking of just ordering a new ecu to see what happens, car is just giving me hell and its just an irritating problem to say the least. sucks being scared to drive your car -____-
Old 02-07-15, 10:25 AM
Scjunky94
Driver School Candidate

btw where exactly is the ecu located???
Old 02-07-15, 11:38 AM
Scjunky94
Driver School Candidate

ok so I opened up the ecu and found these leaks! could this be my problem? gonna order a new ecu today and give it a try. hopefully this will resolve my issue! if someone could give there input on this it would be much appreciated!

Old 02-07-15, 11:01 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Get that thing rebuilt or replaced! Looks like you found the likely root of your issues.

Quick Reply: Need help please! car acting very strange!