Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

W58 swap parts list

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-15, 09:30 PM
Z3RK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post W58 swap parts list

I'm planning on doing a W58 swap to my 96 SC400 and I searched a few forums for the parts I need and I noticed some forums have parts that others don't. I want to keep searching but the tranny on my car is on it's way out soon and could use some help. I want to get a list going with some prices too so I have an idea how much it's going to cost to either replace the tranny and torque converter or swap it out. Also if you know where I can get the parts with some good prices would really help. Thanks.

Last edited by Z3RK; 03-16-15 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-16-15, 11:20 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Z3RK
I'm planning on doing a W58 swap to my 96 SC400 and I searched a few forums for the parts I need and I noticed some forums have parts that others don't. I want to keep searching but the tranny on my car is on it's way out soon and could use some help. I want to get a list going with some prices too so I have an idea how much it's going to cost to either replace the tranny and torque converter or swap it out. Also if you know where I can get the parts with some good prices would really help. Thanks.
there's different methods, that's why you're getting different parts. pick which ever one you want and go with it, there's tons of swap threads with entire parts lists and where they got them, keep looking on the forums you'll find something, just search w58 swap. best search results would be from google, just type in w58 swap clublexus, it will give you results from this site.
Old 03-17-15, 06:46 PM
Z3RK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldManTan
there's different methods, that's why you're getting different parts. pick which ever one you want and go with it, there's tons of swap threads with entire parts lists and where they got them, keep looking on the forums you'll find something, just search w58 swap. best search results would be from google, just type in w58 swap clublexus, it will give you results from this site.
Alright I'll do that thanks a million I didn't realize there were methods of doing it. Hopefully I can get the list completed before it goes out.
Old 03-18-15, 05:56 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

To google it type exactly
"W58 swap" site:clublexus.com
The quotations lock in the exact phrase (vs both words) and the other is directions for the engine
Old 03-18-15, 07:57 AM
Z3RK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dream36
To google it type exactly
"W58 swap" site:clublexus.com
The quotations lock in the exact phrase (vs both words) and the other is directions for the engine
Thanks that helps alot I never thought Google what specifics like that
Old 03-18-15, 08:23 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Z3RK
To answer that question it will be MUCH cheaper to just swap in another auto trans and just slowly piece things together for a manual swap. If I had to put a number on the swap I'd guess around $1500, if you do the labor yourself.

Last edited by Kris9884; 03-18-15 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-23-15, 03:25 PM
Z3RK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kris9884
To answer that question it will be MUCH cheaper to just swap in another auto trans and just slowly piece things together for a manual swap. If I had to put a number on the swap I'd guess around $1500, if you do the labor yourself.
Hmm if that's the average cost that's not too bad I was expecting like $2-3k