Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fuel line fitting help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-03, 08:36 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fuel line fitting help

Hey guys,

Hope some of you may be able to help me out with my question. I'm about to turn the key very soon on my motor swap, however, one of the last things I have to do is hook up the fuel line right at the base of the firewall.

I decided while doing the swap to also do the fpd bypass, and added a -6 an line that would go straight to the factory fuel line. At the point where the factory fuel line ends (flared end with a male fitting) and screws into a female fitting, that changes to a small section of fuel hose, that leads to a banjo bolt/fitting and connects to the back of fuel rail. I've removed that small section of rubber hose and will now connect the
-6an fitting directly to the male fitting on the factory tubing.
My question is, since that steel fuel line has a flared end, and I will be connecting it to just a plain -6an hose end (threads match perfectly) will it leak, If that flare doesn't mate perfectly inside that hose end fitting? Wow, was that difficult to explain I hope I'm somewhat clear in my explination.

The supra has it's fuel filter in this location and when doing the fpd bypass, you use a Dellorto/Solex/Mikuni adapter and mate it to the -6an hose end. That would have made my life easier if the filter was there on the lexus

Any thoughts, or ideas???

chris.threadgill@businessobjects.com
Old 03-20-03, 11:17 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about the return line? Return line have very low pressure. check out what i did. Its a V8, but it should be very similar.
Attached Thumbnails Fuel line fitting help-fr-return-connect.jpg  
Old 03-20-03, 11:19 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Return line with 6 AN and OEM line.
Attached Thumbnails Fuel line fitting help-fr-return-line.jpg  
Old 03-20-03, 11:22 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Bypass OEM fuel regulator with 6-AN SS braided line.
Attached Thumbnails Fuel line fitting help-fr-adapter.jpg  
Old 03-20-03, 11:23 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Lextreme,
I'm actually referring to the feed line.
Old 03-20-03, 11:28 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

It will be pretty much the same except you are dealing with higher pressure. For the connection between 6-AN and OEM hose. Make sure you get the 6-AN with Slide Over to connect to your OEM fuel line. Make sure you use a strong clamp to do that.
Old 03-20-03, 12:47 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Thanks for you replys lextreme.
I don't think know if that will work. Its the issue of the flare at the end of the factory hardline. Unlike the Earl's fitting that have a tapered flare. I could go ahead and clamp down some high pressure fuel hose, but I don't want to take any chances.

I'm also thinking of possibly adding a supra fuel filter there that will allow me to get the dellorto fitting, and just hook up the new - 6an line. My question is, would there be any issues of having two fuel filters (factory lexus, and now the supra tt) on the same fuel line??