Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

blower motor/cig lighter out, tensioner aswel?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-15, 08:05 AM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts
Arrow blower motor/cig lighter out, tensioner aswel?

First off guys i really wanted to say thank you to this forum as you have helped with LOTS for my car, egr delete, stud replacement, brake replacements, rad replacement, plugs and wires, power steering line replace,

So i've been ghosting on the forums for the last 3 years I've had my sc300 but now i need help.

My serpentine built broke off while driving, replaced belt, sqwealing alittle but once i was driving it was okay and i got the 300 miles home, rebuilt my pully with some sand paper as there was some rubber from old belt on it and a new bearing. belt still pulls towards the engine block alittle, rubs, vibrates and makes a horrible squealing noise. Bought a new tension er should be here in a week I'm just kinda looking for approval on this being what will be wrong.

Now for the FUN part My heater, blower motor. after a few trips over the mountains started cutting out and died. Heat works i can feel it get pushed through when not in recirculate air mode. my friends and i buy a portable car heater and it works for a little but now the cig lighter socket doesnt give power anymore.. still no blown fuses? is it the resistor? i checked using multi meter i just got from ebay and no power going to the prongs the blower motor connects too. Where else should i check? I'm not so good with electrical nobody has shown me but i can turn bolts!

Buy and plug in new blow motor nothing, b4 i got multimeter lol. fuses all look fine and from what research i did i gathered cig lighter and blower motor share the same resistor or fuse location? clarification here would be great too

Thanks in advance guys
Old 04-21-15, 07:53 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

check your wire harness in the driver wheel well, my problem was a chewed up cut wire. took me a year to figure it out
Old 04-21-15, 10:06 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Originally Posted by oldManTan
check your wire harness in the driver wheel well, my problem was a chewed up cut wire. took me a year to figure it out

That fixed the blower... THANK YOU!!! how did u secure them so it wouldnt happen again?

Cig lighter is getting power to the connecter so i think its just time for a new one.. ?

Last edited by scsexy; 04-22-15 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-22-15, 04:16 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by scsexy
That fixed the blower... THANK YOU!!! how did u secure them so it wouldnt happen again?

Cig lighter is getting power to the connecter so i think its just time for a new one.. ?
jack your car up and take the wheel off, then open up the wheel plastic on the right and you'll see the harness going through the firewall, loosen those 2 bolts holding it down and then you'll have some slack for the harness, then just stick it up into the fender, there's a nice little gap there and you can use some zipties to secure it up there, retighten the bolts and you're set.
Old 04-22-15, 08:00 PM
scsexy
Advanced

jack your car up and take the wheel off, then open up the wheel plastic on the right and you'll see the harness going through the firewall, loosen those 2 bolts holding it down and then you'll have some slack for the harness, then just stick it up into the fender, there's a nice little gap there and you can use some zipties to secure it up there, retighten the bolts and you're set.

Sweet Thanks man that's where i was thinking of putting it

Great Job bringing your car back to life.... was reading your thread. saw ur friends wrx
My best friend actually drives an 05 wrx stick we put a fatter turbo, intercooler radiator, boost controler, new headers, downpipe and all the little stuff he did alone and his car is a monster AS fast as my FZ6 when its running right tuning is a
Old 04-22-15, 09:33 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by scsexy
Sweet Thanks man that's where i was thinking of putting it

Great Job bringing your car back to life.... was reading your thread. saw ur friends wrx
My best friend actually drives an 05 wrx stick we put a fatter turbo, intercooler radiator, boost controler, new headers, downpipe and all the little stuff he did alone and his car is a monster AS fast as my FZ6 when its running right tuning is a
yea we tried putting a pod filter on his and it through a CEL, i was like dafuq??? cz of that?!?! subaru's are not fun, gotta tune it after every little things you do it, he said he got CEL after an exhaust too, too finicky for my tastes, toyota FTW.
Old 04-26-15, 08:09 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Alright so, Blower and cig lighter are working great after a new cig lighter and fixing that wire in the wheel well,

BUT i've installed a new tension er and now it doesn't whine at idle but when accelerating, sometimes it will be quite for a few miles but if i turn off it will start again..

When it does the noise while acclerating i can see the belt on the tensioner pulley shifting side to side causing the noise.. IS it the crank pulley? or

should i buy a new belt and give that a try this one is only a few weeks old and was used when my last one snapped 250 miles from home with my old tensioner to get home.
Old 04-27-15, 01:44 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

your last belt snapped cause of alignment and age. your new belt is making noise cause of alignment and it will also snap eventually. why not take the belt off and spin all the pulleys and find the loose one? then replace it.
how would we know if its the crank pulley or your power steering pulley or your a/c pulley remove the belt and start spinning and pushing and pulling on them and you will find it.
the crank pulley is known to want to separate eventually the rubber part brakes down. that could be the issue but it could be any of the others or something just loose you will have to inspect it.
Old 04-27-15, 04:46 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
your last belt snapped cause of alignment and age. your new belt is making noise cause of alignment and it will also snap eventually. why not take the belt off and spin all the pulleys and find the loose one? then replace it.
how would we know if its the crank pulley or your power steering pulley or your a/c pulley remove the belt and start spinning and pushing and pulling on them and you will find it.
the crank pulley is known to want to separate eventually the rubber part brakes down. that could be the issue but it could be any of the others or something just loose you will have to inspect it.

I checked them all and double checked them all and they seem to be good that's why i was asking about the crank, the one i cant check by just spinning it.

I feel stupid but i think it may be my fan blade turbulence not being even when its working hard( acclerating) it got all smashed from the belt that broke, every blade is about half as wide as it should be at the end.

I'm going to try to take the blade off and run the car for a little to see if thats the issue

Last edited by scsexy; 04-27-15 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-27-15, 06:16 PM
scsexy
Advanced

tried with fan off no difference when accelerating took belt off again and the ac pulley is loose do i have to buy a new compressor? i cant find just the pulley online
Old 04-27-15, 08:56 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

get rid of AC lol, weight reduction, who needs AC anyways
Old 04-27-15, 10:16 PM
scsexy
Advanced

get rid of AC lol, weight reduction, who needs AC anyways

Lmao my freaking custom aftermarket intake knicked a whole in the AC line thats right by the intake (friend ran over a stump parking my car in is yard pushing the line up where intake could hit it) so i have thought about it since my jb weld didnt work..

I've got a motorcycle 07 fz6 for the fun stuff the car is kinda suppose to be the comfortable ride, some months this means ac required. =\

did you really get rid of yours?

Last edited by scsexy; 04-27-15 at 10:31 PM.