Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Will the Exhaust Manifold & Turbos From a 94 Twin Turbo Supra Fit my GS300??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-03, 12:10 PM
DroppedGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the Exhaust Manifold & Turbos From a 94 Twin Turbo Supra Fit my GS300??

I know this is a SC 300 Forum, I heard alot of guys in this forum have done Turbo Conversions...Will the Exhaust Manifold & Turbos From a 94 Twin Turbo Supra Fit my GS300?? A Buddy of mines just crashed his Twin Turbo Supra and he's willing to sell the Turbos and exhaust manifold to me...Will those parts bolt right up to my motor? Will his Intercooler fit my car if i got all the bolts and brackets? What other parts will i need from the Twin Turbo Supra to make it work on my car?
Old 03-24-03, 02:13 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

No they will not fit engine are different.
Old 03-24-03, 04:18 PM
JDMJim
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up .

If you get the Head off of the GTE you can use everything off of the Supra, complete turbo manifold w/ turbos, intake manifold, TB .....everything

Jimmy
Old 03-24-03, 04:29 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

You will need the wireing harness and ecu.
Old 03-24-03, 10:14 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or run the two or three extra wires yourself; hardly any difference in the GE and GTE wiring harnesses

for all that info; it'd prolly be a good idea to buy Phil Auldrige's book
Old 03-25-03, 11:27 AM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Wouldnt that be a waste to swap the head out since your still going to have high compression pistons. That is unless you just want the bling factor of twin turbos which is cool too i guess. Ask him how much for the entire engine.
Old 03-25-03, 06:48 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually swapping the head and consequently the head gasket from a SupraTT will lower your CR to a 8.875:1 theoretically...

the pistons aren't what raise the CR in this motor so much; its the headgasket
Old 05-09-03, 10:48 PM
SDJZZ31
Rookie

Is the GTE head a direct fit onto the GE block? That would be something I would definetly consider.
Old 09-13-03, 11:06 AM
j0hnyboi
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by bmsport
Wouldnt that be a waste to swap the head out since your still going to have high compression pistons. That is unless you just want the bling factor of twin turbos which is cool too i guess. Ask him how much for the entire engine.
Ahh... Hello.. Changing the head to the Supra's tt head, and wouldn't it require a new head gasket? Simply slap on a tt headgasket or an aftermarket 2.0 mm and up. that'll solve the compression. But I just don't think it's as simple as that to swap over everything from the tt supra. You should just purchase the single turbo for the na 3.0 engine.

jj
Old 09-13-03, 01:19 PM
bambooluv
Rookie

I've talked to alot of different people in the na-t comunity on which route to take. Either go Na-t, GTE swap, etc. Some of them say they wish they would of just done the gte swap, and others vice versa. But I've done the price break down on all the parts I would need to go Na-t and it works out almost the same, with the exception of having a built block on the Na-t route. In my mind it would just be cheaper for you to keep the Ge head and go single on your gs.-pdang
Old 09-14-03, 04:16 PM
Bamadave
Rookie

Default TT GTE in a GS

I have been doing a little research and I believe the 2JZ GTE will not fit in a GS. I believe there is a clearance problem with the rear turbo which will require you to go with a single. At this point why spend the $$ for a TT motor when you can just use the GS motor. I have been trying do deside what to do with the drive train of my damaged TT Supra and this is one of the things I found out. Here is the link to my soon to be departed TT:

http://home.mchsi.com/~ptsi/wsb/html...ome.html-.html

Good luck with your GS project,.

BamaDave
Old 09-16-03, 09:36 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by bambooluv
I've talked to alot of different people in the na-t comunity on which route to take. Either go Na-t, GTE swap, etc. Some of them say they wish they would of just done the gte swap, and others vice versa. But I've done the price break down on all the parts I would need to go Na-t and it works out almost the same, with the exception of having a built block on the Na-t route. In my mind it would just be cheaper for you to keep the Ge head and go single on your gs.-pdang
Built block? Not really, just lowered compression.

Chris
Old 09-16-03, 09:42 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: TT GTE in a GS

Originally posted by Bamadave
I have been doing a little research and I believe the 2JZ GTE will not fit in a GS. I believe there is a clearance problem with the rear turbo which will require you to go with a single. At this point why spend the $$ for a TT motor when you can just use the GS motor. I have been trying do deside what to do with the drive train of my damaged TT Supra and this is one of the things I found out. Here is the link to my soon to be departed TT:

http://home.mchsi.com/~ptsi/wsb/html...ome.html-.html

Good luck with your GS project,.

BamaDave
Wow, that must have been some hit to your Supra. I would buy an SC300 and swap everything out. Seats, rims, brakes, motor, tranny, etc etc will fit in.

Chris