Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone know what this component is on fuel pump hanger??

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-15, 09:17 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone know what this component is on fuel pump hanger??

Anyone know what this is (circled green)? it has part number 90980-04082?

Thanks!
Old 05-08-15, 03:48 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

It is an electronic filter .
Old 05-08-15, 09:13 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
It is an electronic filter .
Thanks! I was just curious. I wonder what the symptoms would be if that ever went bad? I imagine it is most likely filtering the noise generated from the pump?
Old 05-08-15, 10:59 PM
salimshah

Received 1,068 Likes on 962 Posts

Would this be the part that prevents (dampens) the fluctuation of fuel level as displayed by the fuel gauge? Fancy name for a capacitor?

Salim
Old 05-09-15, 05:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Indeed it is capacitor (condenser) for stabilizing voltage / current flow on the fuel pump.

I believe one won't even know if that condenser is bad. In fact, pump will continue pumping gas without that. I really doubt whether it has an effect on what is displayed on the fuel gauge. It is used to stabilize the voltage on the pump for it to have a consistent amount of fuel flow where as the fuel sender mechanism is more of a resistance measuring system to check fuel level.
Old 06-24-20, 06:14 PM
Hotrod70
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Driving home from my last day of work...retiring and my RX was having erratic idling and bad hesitation. Got the recall letter around a month ago and was waiting on some of contact from Lexus to schedule the replacement pump. Called dealer on the way home and made appt to leave it today. Part was ordered and they stated should have it in a few days. Have a loaner RX until mine is completed. Got to wonder if I hadn't called them when would they have contacted me as well as thousands of others effected!
Old 07-30-20, 09:29 AM
RaiderHawk
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotrod70
Driving home from my last day of work...retiring and my RX was having erratic idling and bad hesitation. Got the recall letter around a month ago and was waiting on some of contact from Lexus to schedule the replacement pump. Called dealer on the way home and made appt to leave it today. Part was ordered and they stated should have it in a few days. Have a loaner RX until mine is completed. Got to wonder if I hadn't called them when would they have contacted me as well as thousands of others effected!
They never called me on my fuel pump recall. I was on clublexus and noticed that some members noted that they were getting their recall done. I called and made an appointment and got it done. I was, however, expecting some sort of contact letter/phone con/email from Lexus about the availability of the recall. Never received anything.
Old 01-28-21, 09:48 PM
tcp1121
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaiderHawk
They never called me on my fuel pump recall. I was on clublexus and noticed that some members noted that they were getting their recall done. I called and made an appointment and got it done. I was, however, expecting some sort of contact letter/phone con/email from Lexus about the availability of the recall. Never received anything.
I have a 2012 GX460. I never received a notice that the air injection fuel pump was in a recall. Only found when I called them about the recall on the airbag. But, I was having the "check engine" light come on. Had it checked at my local mechanic and he cleared the code because he didn't think that at 45,000 mi it would be that. Well, it came back on, on my way to Austin. Then ut began running sluggish. Took it to a non-lexus repair place, and they put in a new air injection fuel pump. But the check engine light kept coming on. Back in Houston, I called a Lexus dealership, and that is when I was told that there was a recall for that part. The car was in and out of that service department for a month and they could never figure out why the check engine light (after a day) would come back on. They wanted to put in an ECU/ECM (engine control unit or model) at my cost to see if that was the problem, but couldn't promise that it was. So, now I have 45,000 mi, Lexus, with a check engine light that will be hard to sell or get inspected.

Anyone else with this problem with this model and recall
Old 11-03-21, 12:32 PM
Urielb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
Anyone know what this is (circled green)? it has part number 90980-04082?

Thanks!
Does anyone know where or how to get this part?
Old 11-03-21, 04:37 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,239 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by Urielb
Does anyone know where or how to get this part?
Other than off a used or new assembly I would take a very clear closeup picture of the electronic filter and try to find an exact match of the printed specs, pinout and even brand type through Mouser Electronics or Digi-Key Electronics. ONLY through either of those companies. They are the two reliable suppliers of all kinds of electronics components in the U.S.

If the filter is a Nippon-Denso made part then it will not be possible to source it brand new by itself and as such another brand component would have to suffice (or get a good one off the same main assembly bought used).

Lex2K might have an opinion on this as well.
Old 11-04-21, 09:57 AM
Urielb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Other than off a used or new assembly I would take a very clear closeup picture of the electronic filter and try to find an exact match of the printed specs, pinout and even brand type through Mouser Electronics or Digi-Key Electronics. ONLY through either of those companies. They are the two reliable suppliers of all kinds of electronics components in the U.S.

If the filter is a Nippon-Denso made part then it will not be possible to source it brand new by itself and as such another brand component would have to suffice (or get a good one off the same main assembly bought used).

Lex2K might have an opinion on this as well.
what brand would be best if I were to get a new assembly?
Old 11-04-21, 11:41 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,239 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by Urielb
what brand would be best if I were to get a new assembly?
OEM is the best. I'm not sure if Nippon-Denso sells their own branded version of that part or if they even made it themselves to begin with. But I'd also say that a used assembly that has the same components in good working order would be a second best. It is rare to have issues with those components on the hanger itself and gasoline submersion keeps it clean and free of rust or corrosion.

Do an advanced exploded diagram parts lookup on Partsouq if you can't find the full assembly listed on MyLParts. Assuming the assembly is still available brand new you can track down the part number through either of those websites.