Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Dual electric fan install with pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-07, 03:42 PM
Scoupe3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by makenzie70
Hit up SF and ask...the SC shares the same components as the Supra...and I'm quite versed with those.

My Supe's temp will vary almost 100* without major movement by the stock guage.
^^creepy stuff makenzie70
but even with some variation if the oem and duals give identical guage reading it would imply that duals are doing their job
sorry for the noob reply but wanted to give my .02
Old 06-15-07, 02:46 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Scoupe3
^^creepy stuff makenzie70
but even with some variation if the oem and duals give identical guage reading it would imply that duals are doing their job
sorry for the noob reply but wanted to give my .02
You definately pulled one from the archives...... Unfortunately You probably wont get an answer from Makenzie, since he hasnt been around in a few years.
But i think his point was that the stock temp guage was innacurate since even when the temp changes by 90 degrees. There was little change displayed on the guage.
Old 06-15-07, 07:57 AM
s0arer
Driver

I had a dual fal fan before. Fans are hella loud. When I pull up people said my car sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I also felt vibration at idle which was pretty annoying after awhile. Could be due to unbalaced fan blades. I also noticed my temp was hotter than it was with the stock fan. That was all enough for me to sell it since I'm turbo. I ended up selling the fal fans and went back to stock.
Old 07-29-07, 04:34 AM
JDM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TGRich
The only problem I had so far was the fans quit running. This was traced to the fuse holder which got too close to the radiator, melted, and killed the fuse. After wiring a new fuse holder and putting in a new fuse (and slightly relocating), I'm good to go again.
Kind of an old post but I just did my Flex-a-lite fans and the same thing happened to my fuse holder. Are you sure its from the fuse holder being too close to the radiator?

Last edited by JDM; 07-29-07 at 04:48 AM.