Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1uz w58 bellhousing lengths?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-16, 10:06 PM
Kobrakai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1uz w58 bellhousing lengths?

Kind of curious about this one as I want to make sure when I put mine on it's right the first time. The kit I got came from ksracing and it included a very interesting bit, that bit being a input shaft extension next to the matching pilot bearing for it and the spacer to put behind it (along with the other bearing on the far left that's sized for the w58's 12mm input shaft tip). Here's a picture of the assembly:

That being said, the ksracing bellhousing is about 6 7/8in long, and I'm curious whether other similar w58 bellhousings are also this size and mate fine with the w58's input shaft, or if I'll have to put the extension on. This wouldn't be such a big deal if putting the extension on wasn't so difficult, but to put it on I'm going to have to heat it up with a torch because it's a very tight fit (which is good if anything)

Simply put, if anyone who has done this swap with a bellhousing knows the length or can get the length of their bellhousing, and mention whether they needed a input shaft extension/extended pilot bearing, please let me know! I'm sure this will save others who are doing this swap some of the guesswork with hard measurements put down for when you'll need an extension.

I should also mention, my w58 is a steel plate one from a mk4 supra, whether that means anything different vs other input shafts in terms of length (I know the mk4 got a tougher input shaft), I don't know!

Last edited by Kobrakai; 01-10-16 at 02:49 PM.