Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Racelogic Traction Control Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-16, 10:05 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts
Default Racelogic Traction Control Discontinued

I've just learned this happened late last year. Racelogic has formally discontinued their traction control system sales. There were many applications but among them was the one for the MKIV Supra TT.

They can still be had used and Racelogic will continue to support existing systems (though non-original owners will have to pay for their telephone tech support services).

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/index.php...action-control
Old 02-02-16, 06:25 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

I know quite a few taking out their Racelogic Traction Control. Not that it is not a good system . It is just with the advent of good ECUs like ProEFI , no point of having too many stuff in the car to control one thing and getting all the different stuff work together.

Like to buy that Traction Control and spend around $800-1000 ..... I would rather save more and go ProEFI where it has most of what I need.
Old 02-02-16, 07:19 PM
KahnBB6

^^ Yes, I've seen a gradual trend towards aftermarket ECU traction control also. Predominantly with the ProEFI 128. Yeah, I've always seen glowing reviews of the Racelogic and in the past it was the only go-to option for many cars with antiquated TC systems from the 90's.

I'd love to go with a ProEFI myself eventually and kill two birds with one stone. I'm not sure how well it would play with Cali smog though.

You've got three of your cars running them! That's got to be a positive endoresement Have you set up traction control on any of them yet? Not just for launching but for general slip protection in rain?
Old 02-03-16, 04:50 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

ProEFI for its cost is well worth its features for me. MOTEC is just to high up there. Everything one might ask for is basically supported by ProEFI so it is a no brainer. It might be pricier than AEM but you get what you pay for. No AEM ecu can rival ALL the features of ProEFI as far as I know. Yes traction control is enabled on my cars. You have a retard table based on the slip value. The timing is basically retarded if the amount of slip is more than the allowed amount that you have calibrated. Thus as you retard timing , you are pulling power from the engine... then slip value reduces and slowly timing starts to come back up. Let's say the slip value stays longer than what you calibrated it for... you can let the system trigger a fault and consequently can get into the failsafe modes like adding cut , turning of nitrous and others.
Old 02-03-16, 04:38 PM
KahnBB6

Gerry, I've gotten such a better impression of the ProEFI 128 compared to the AEM V2. As you say, it just seems to have nearly everything. MOTEC I haven't heard of people using on 2JZ's for a while now. Maybe it is the high cost?

Interesting that the ProEFI went with a timing retard TC system. Doesn't the Racelogic use a selective misfiring system to reduce power? Regardless, the ProEFI sounds like it does the job just fine. Having all of that adjustment and failsafe protection sounds great!

Not for my build right now but I think it will be later on. Unless I find a great deal on a used PnP Racelogic system from an MKIV
Old 02-03-16, 05:35 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Racelogic is nice. It is just I hate piecing a lot of parts together. IF one equipment can take care of everything ... better .. no finger pointing on where the problem is.

MOTEC is used mostly by the big hitters because of its price.
Old 02-04-16, 07:50 PM
KahnBB6

^^ I completely agree that simpler is better if one device does the job of two or more very well. Also, ProEFI ECUs are still being actively manufactured with no end in sight.
Old 02-04-16, 08:50 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Amateur question.... doesn't AEM v2 support traction control as of one of its newer updates? Never played with mine but I thought they added that along with the flex fuel compatibility at some point.

I don't think it was a sophisticated wheel speed sensor based system like ProEFI but does anyone use it on these cars or Supras?
Old 02-06-16, 03:29 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like a "three step" type of setup perhaps.

http://aemelectronics.com/?q=forum/h...action-control
Old 09-07-19, 11:47 AM
CV460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finish installing the module for the MTS in 30mins but of course after reading the instructions you guys put up plus pictures it’s done and it works great!!! If installing the crawl control did not require that calibration I would totally do it.

2016 GX460 Premium
Old 09-07-19, 07:45 PM
KahnBB6

Originally Posted by CV460
Just finish installing the module for the MTS in 30mins but of course after reading the instructions you guys put up plus pictures it’s done and it works great!!! If installing the crawl control did not require that calibration I would totally do it.

2016 GX460 Premium
CV460, is the MTS another traction control system component that SC300/400’s can use with an aftermarket ECU? Is it related to MOTEC ECU’s?

I’m thinking your post is actually referring to a GX460 crawl control system and as such should be in the GX sub-forum. This is the SC 1st-gen sub-forum.
Old 09-07-19, 08:45 PM
CV460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I know it is the Multi Terrain Select system that’s offered on GX not sure if it will work on the sc300/400 and I’m sure it works with the traction control I hope someone else who knows more then me chants in but it’s Saturday night probably tomorrow.
Old 09-08-19, 03:18 AM
KahnBB6

CV460, the SC300/400 series are rear wheel drive only. Basically luxury grand tourers and in some states of tune (almost always via turbocharging) they are muscle cars, high speed cars or drift cars. Our cars aren't designed for going off-road.

This thread is about a discontinued aftermarket performance traction control system for racing developed and sold by a UK company called RaceLogic and specifically made for the 1993-1998 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo sportscars. Some folks would also adapt that aftermarket performance traction control system to other vehicles that were given Supra TT driveline swaps.

The OEM Toyota/Lexus GX Multi Terrain Select or any aftermarket controller for it will not apply to the 1992-2000 Lexus SC300/SC400/Soarers.

Originally Posted by CV460
2016 GX460 Premium
We didn't post instructions for the discontinued RaceLogic traction control system for the MKIV Supra here. Are you sure you have the right thread and sub-forum?

Last edited by KahnBB6; 09-08-19 at 03:22 AM.