Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

can't peel out, have a question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-03 | 07:24 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

first off....WTF why are you trying to act stupid and peel out and ****....second just becareful when you do it don't fawk up your car....try reving your car in neutral and drop it to drive.
Old 07-13-03 | 07:45 PM
ztikmedia
Driver

Originally posted by reamemiya
first off....WTF why are you trying to act stupid and peel out and ****....second just becareful when you do it don't fawk up your car....try reving your car in neutral and drop it to drive.
Well... I'm just saying it should be able to peel out. Its not like i'm going to go hot roding around, but I know there is a power loss because it can't do it.

I'm not going to neutral drop my car. lol
Old 07-13-03 | 11:08 PM
BlueC
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by reamemiya
reving your car in neutral and drop it to drive.
Im hoping you were joking about that, no auto tranny should ever be N dropped, it just cant take ithat abuse, if you want a new tranny tomrow, go ahead and N drop it....
Old 07-14-03 | 09:54 AM
ztikmedia
Driver

Oh, yeah. Also I was in KC and I had to floor it to get onto the free way. It got up and goin pretty fast, but the check engine light came on. I just reset the ecu and it went off, but could this be a sign of anything?
Old 07-14-03 | 10:36 AM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

first let me start by saying don`t listen to this deuschbag! If peeling out is stupid then I guess everyone that owns a turbo is a big dumbass! secondly you don`t want to peel out and I quote "fawk" your car up, but he would prefer you do a neutral drop!?!?

Oh, yeah. Also I was in KC and I had to floor it to get onto the free way. It got up and goin pretty fast, but the check engine light came on. I just reset the ecu and it went off, but could this be a sign of anything?
Did you pull the code? If so what was it?
Old 07-14-03 | 10:42 AM
ztikmedia
Driver

Nope, I didn't pull the code.

Ive set the check engine light off before from flooring it. I could do it again.
Both the traction control and check engine lights were on.

Should I go try and get the code from it?

Will
Old 07-14-03 | 11:37 AM
ztikmedia
Driver

I got error code 27, also my over drive light was blinking.

Tried doing a search but it wouldn't let me search for "27".

Anyone know what this means?
Could this be related to the problem?
Old 07-14-03 | 05:41 PM
GRIFFEN
Driver School Candidate

i N droped my moms ES and chirped the tires i realy dont care about messin it up cause it goes back in nov. on lease but it dint sound real good when i droped it(defanly wouldnt do it again or until the last day we have it). just get a litle spray like a 50shot and take your trany to a trany shop and have them beef it up if they can(sombody was talkin about that on lexus pros boards)
Old 07-14-03 | 05:57 PM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

code 27 involves your oxygen sensors. The reason that it only comes on at high speeds is because the engine requires 2 or 3 seperate freeway speed runs to throw that code.
Old 07-16-03 | 08:58 AM
csmooth79
Driver School Candidate

Have been having the same problem lately, it just wont spin them. I have 18" wheels, but when I first put them on I could spin out from a basic flooring it, now I cant even brake stand. I am going to start tuning today. ? Do the wires need to be changed at 135K or just plugs, cap, and rotor?
Old 07-17-03 | 11:23 AM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

i have a sc300 5 speed and i can't peel out either. my friend dropped it from 4 then 5 then 6... then i smelled roasted clutch for about an hour and had to shell out 400 bucks for a clutch yesterday. Never let your friends drive your car... Also how do you guys read the codes that the ecu is making? Where does it show codes?
Old 07-18-03 | 09:11 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Hmmm, you shouldn't have a problem lighting up your tires especially with the TC. Stock, the car can somewhat peel out without power braking (Even the 250hp 92-94s) Single stripe though.

How does your TC behave. Give it some light throttle. Does it seem as though there is almost no power until it hits 3200 like it should?

Redo the maintenance I guess. There are so many things that could be wrong. Clogged air filter, dirty injectors, dirty spark plugs, loose wire causing one or more cylinder to not fire, loose vacuum hoses, etc.
Old 07-31-03 | 07:28 AM
lex_ga
Rookie

Yea when would be a good time to change the wires . And how hard will it be to do.
Old 06-29-04 | 02:08 AM
smelkony
Driver School Candidate

Default HELP

is the rotor in the distributor the same as the ignition coils? and if its not can someone post a pic with the ignition coil circled(ON SC300). Because i want to clean the ignition coil but have a new rotor , so if its the same thing then there is no need cuz its new.