Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzGE on DET3 piggyback

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-16, 02:21 PM
funknstein
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzGE on DET3 piggyback

For the people running the DET3 how well has it up so far? Any problems? Im only looking for about 450WHP then ill go EMU later on this year, will this work fine? It will go on my 2jzGE with distributor, thanks
Old 03-05-20, 08:34 AM
tora117
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bringing this thread back rather than making a new one since it is one of the only threads that pops up when you search.
Just like the op it will be for a 2jz-ge distributor car until I go EMU.

I'm trying to figure out if it will be able to run 550cc or 650cc injectors on the ge ecu. I really don't want to do a GTE ecu swap I would rather just go full standalone in that case but I am starting off with a tight budget and was hoping to go standalone later when I go e85.
General consensus I have seen is with most piggybacks you can run 440cc on ge ecu and 550 on gte ecu with a decent idle and not having to pull a ton of fuel. However, the DET3 claims to be able to control fuel like a standalone in "fuel implant mode." Problem is there is no information ANYWHERE on fuel implant mode and how the wiring is different, or how it actually performs.

I know this isn't ecu master tech support so any information or experience is appreciated. It will be a while before I actually go NA-T as I am still putting the car back together but I am trying to figure out what my build will be and how much $$$ to budget for.
If there are any other piggybacks that could run the 550 injectors that would be fine too, it just seems like the det3 is more advanced and capable then some of the older ecu's.