Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1993 SC400 lock and anti-theft Engine won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-16, 11:31 AM
Meghanw1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to put the key in the drivers side door, turn the key twice to the right and twice to the left.

So right, right, left, left

And possibly right, right, left, left again. I forget.

Then just get into the car, close the door behind you and start the car.

Done!!
Old 09-15-19, 03:17 AM
Izzy1uz
Driver School Candidate

Default 1st Gen. SC400 Disabling Anti Theft Issue

For anyone having the same issue I had to disconnect Negative battery cable, clip some wires under the dash and ReWire mine. But a quick trick to start the engine and bypass the anti theft ( this takes two people ) is to disconnect the negative cable - get into the car set the key to the on position. ( turn key to the right just before ignition ) - then at the same time place negative cable back down and turn key to ignition simultaneously this should start the car but will only have bypassed the anti theft system .
Old 09-16-19, 10:02 PM
TylerSr702
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Izzy1uz
For anyone having the same issue I had to disconnect Negative battery cable, clip some wires under the dash and ReWire mine. But a quick trick to start the engine and bypass the anti theft ( this takes two people ) is to disconnect the negative cable - get into the car set the key to the on position. ( turn key to the right just before ignition ) - then at the same time place negative cable back down and turn key to ignition simultaneously this should start the car but will only have bypassed the anti theft system .
Hey man. Just picked up an 93 sc400 yesterday and I set off the alarm when I brought it home and have this same issue. No key fob. And it’s not the og key but I started the car no problem a couple days ago when I first checked out the car. Can you point me in the right direction of said wires ? I need to get around this stupid *** alarm system so I can start the car without having to throw on the negative cable while the keys turned.