Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

If you don't know what the hell you're doing, PLEASE stop offering to "help"

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-16, 12:55 PM
Meghanw1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I had it figured out.and THANK YOU for taking the time to check for me. I'm just wondering if you are referring to the metal "T" fitting that's down there? Or if it goes to the plastic "T" piece, (i will take a pic) and if so, what do the other ends of the "T" connect to. All of the vacuum ports are already connected properly. Or so I thought.
Old 06-12-16, 11:45 PM
Meghanw1
Rookie

Default Victory!!

Yay!! Victory is mine!! Albeit barely. But victory none the less. . . . .
Finally passed smog today!! After changing the EGR vacuum modulator, all vacuum lines, distributor cap, rotor, 2 front o2 sensors and egnition wires I finally passed. And not a moment too soon.
Tomorrow I will be waiting in line at the DMV to get my new tags. I can not wait because my registration expired in March and now it's June. At this point they can tow my car. And I definitely can't afford that! So I will appeal all the tickets I have received so far for expired registration. And now that I will have corrected the violations the fine will be reduced from $37.50 each to $10.00 per ticket. Which is still a total of $ 50.00. But way better than $187.50!!!
However, since something still isn't quite right with my car, once I have the money, I will replace the front catalytic converter too. Just for good measure. My Hydrocarbons are still quite high. (Indicating unburnd fuel)
Too tired at the moment but couldn't wait to share my excitement!! Will post final results of my test soon.

Thanks for everyone's help!!
Old 06-13-16, 08:56 AM
Meghanw1
Rookie

Default My victory was short lived

Woke up early to get to the DMV before the lines get too long. Start up the car. And the snapping sound is back. I've got such a busy day today. I really don't need this right now!!

And the crappiest part of all is that before all these repairs, which were done ONLY to get my car to pass smog, it was running GREAT!! No problems what so ever!!!
Old 06-13-16, 02:16 PM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

This thread made me happy to be a part of the CL forum. Enthusiasts helping each other out. Exactly what the forum is designed for. Meghan, PM me and I will see what I can get the catalytic converter for with shipping to you. Sorry to hear that your snapping sound is back. Let us know what fixes it and con grats on passing smog. (so glad I don't live in California)

Jim