Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 VVT-i Turbo SP63

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-04 | 04:04 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Here's a shot from SP Dyno Day, I was not entered since the car wasn't completed yet, so the whip had to sit out in the lot and watch all the other whips having fun . To the left is SP01, and you can spot quikturbo's ride up on the lift.
Attached Thumbnails SC300 VVT-i Turbo SP63-sp-engine-out-dyno-day-2-compressed.jpg  
Old 05-26-04 | 07:06 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

I can't wait to see you get your baby back -- it's been a long time coming!

I read your post over on SF -- it'll be exciting to see those numbers grow!

John
Old 05-26-04 | 09:44 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Here's a shot from SP Dyno Day, I was not entered since the car wasn't completed yet, so the whip had to sit out in the lot and watch all the other whips having fun . To the left is SP01, and you can spot quikturbo's ride up on the lift.

when were these pics taken? i went into SP ...on friday... but didn't go into the back.
that was seriously some REALLY bad service i got...it was ridiculous...i stood there
for about...30 minutes just looking at magazines at the front counter...a good 7 workers
just walked past me and didn't even give me a glance.. the guy on the front computer
just looked up at me occasionally ( think he was playing a computer game xp)...
sure would of liked to check out ur car though.
Old 05-27-04 | 11:47 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

LL, looks like it's close.
Do you know when you will get it back?
Old 05-28-04 | 08:36 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Richie...a week or two (7.5 months under construction so far).

reamemiya...I am sorry you had to wait, they are very busy....LMK what you need done and i'll talk to them for you, i'm on the phone B.S.'ing with them just about every day and would be glad to help.

big John...thx man.

By the way, Toyota has denied my claim about seven times now for sending me the wrong engine, resorting to the most pathetic excuses they can think of to get out of this (i.e. not saving the packing material from the engine!)....I am waiting for their regional cust svc mgr to do some investigation, if they deny the claim again I will hand it over to my attorney and Toyota/Lexus will lose my business forever, I will also sell my two remaining Lexus cars and never look back.
Disgusted .

- Jon
Old 05-28-04 | 09:41 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Lex,

You can always come over to the dark side with me and get a Cadillac CTS-V. I thought my F-bodies were fun, but this 400hp cady is a beast. Still waiting on the aftermarket to come out with some more parts though. Hope all is going well.

Shane
Old 05-28-04 | 10:37 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

maybe a Z06?

aww... don't give up on Toyota quite yet! Nothing is quite so luxurious and so sleeper as the SC

...automagic tranny too.

John
Old 05-28-04 | 11:48 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Richie...a week or two (7.5 months under construction so far).

By the way, Toyota has denied my claim about seven times now for sending me the wrong engine, resorting to the most pathetic excuses they can think of to get out of this (i.e. not saving the packing material from the engine!)....I am waiting for their regional cust svc mgr to do some investigation, if they deny the claim again I will hand it over to my attorney and Toyota/Lexus will lose my business forever, I will also sell my two remaining Lexus cars and never look back.
Disgusted .

- Jon
Jon, good to hear you are almost there

I really hope the whole wrong engine incident will be solved.
Old 05-28-04 | 01:28 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Matter of fact the Toyota rep was @ SP today checking out my blown up sh!!t today, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Here's a better one....we now have solid proof that JBE Racing was responsible for all the problems...SP called me today and informed me how that hack piece of crap screwed up in the most obvious and knuckleheaded way possible. I won't get into details right now but if he's got half a brain he'll stay real far away from me. About eight grand and five months right in the toilet. SP on the other hand....is great. I'll have more pics soon, motor is together and the car should see the dyno next week.

John....Z06 isn't quite my style, but maybe after the wedding....NSX i'm thinking, i'm done with automatics also, want to do some road racing, i've pretty much mastered the tree by now.

Shane man....choo doin' brother? Got your Cadoo I see...show us a pic. I thought the V could use parts made for the Vette motor? I'd dig it if you worked that thing...hope the fam is well.

Have a great holiday weekend guys...try to stay out of trouble...

- JonJon
Old 05-28-04 | 01:53 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Jon,

I'll try to post a pic for you. It's Platinum silver with ebony interior so it's right up your alley. Don't know how much the guys here might appreciate it though. Unless I want to go into the motor (LS6) with heads and cam, not a lot available yet. More Performance has a procharger kit on theirs, but I think they ran a little to much boost and blew the motor. My car's only got 4,000 miles on it so being a little hesitant on aftermarket. Exhaust is the big issue, you should see the size of the resonator under the car, robbing a lot of power. Corsa is supposed to release a CAT back in the next few weeks. Anyway, if you ever get a chance to drive one, do, it will bring back some old memories. It's as quiet as my SC 400 was but twice as fast. Speaking of, the SC is parked in front of my house right now. My friend that bought it is trying to sell and wants me to handle it for him. Car still runs and drives beautiful. I think he put a whopping 600 miles on it in two years. Glad to see everything is going well now with your car. Sure wish I had some of the money back I spent on "incompetent" work. Oh well, live and learn.

Shane
Old 05-28-04 | 03:40 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Fingers are crossed over here
Old 05-29-04 | 10:27 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SupraCoup3
Fingers are crossed over here
Same here.
Old 06-10-04 | 12:26 AM
Suprast4R
Pole Position

wow, long project, lots of drama. im sure you are an inspiration to others and your obstacles will definately help others realize that taking full steps to accomplish your goals is really the way to go.
Old 06-10-04 | 09:12 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

luthor it seems as things are falling into place. you finally managed to sell the SC4 and your SC3 is almost complete by the trusted pros at SP... can't wait to see your car... I got CF hood installed on my car while i was out in california. We should get our cars together again soon.
Old 06-16-04 | 11:53 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Default update

Car's been on the dyno for about a week, totalling about six separate visits to the rollers....Lar is working to get it to run like stock Lexus, have a sizeable safety margin, and make decent power without taxing the new motor. Low boost numbers are encouraging considering A/F was in the 10's at the time for safety...should have some results real soon.

Quick Reply: SC300 VVT-i Turbo SP63