Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 VVT-i Turbo SP63

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-04, 12:36 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: update

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Car's been on the dyno for about a week, totalling about six separate visits to the rollers....Lar is working to get it to run like stock Lexus, have a sizeable safety margin, and make decent power without taxing the new motor. Low boost numbers are encouraging considering A/F was in the 10's at the time for safety...should have some results real soon.
Great news man!!
Old 06-16-04, 12:37 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

luthor... you have gots to call me when the car gets back home.

looking forward to seeing it man...
Old 06-16-04, 06:31 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your getting close Jon... I have been talking with Ivan the past couple of days, and he made it sound like it would be totally done any day now, so cheers to you!

Can't wait to hear what kind of numbers it puts down... I hope your tranny stays together long enough for you to enjoy the car this summer!

-Ethan
Old 06-17-04, 05:57 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

After about 12 hours of tuning on the dyno (literally) and a few runs @ 10-14 lbs, Lar started turning up the boost a little.......e-manage crapped out. It's no longer implementing the changes that are programmed into it. I threw up my hands and gave up on this project (not the first time ) and told Lar let's throw in the towel. He wouldn't give up so easy, so the e-man is going out the window (at speed ) and SP will be installing an AEM EMS and C2DI plus a couple other small things. This will be the first VVT-i car in the world with an AEM (no plug and play for these applications). Big up to Lar for his dedication and professionalism....thx brother. Parts are all being sent next day, so they'll be in on Mon and will be headed straight into the car, i'll have an update next week. I'll have to toast Larry/Gary/Ivan at the wedding, also thx to Jason Siebels.

For the record....not only is the e-manage an absolute piece of garbage, but GReddy tech support is the biggest bunch of jerkoffs i've had to deal with. Toshi is the worst of them, this guy needs an attitude readjustment, too bad he's not local. I won't be buying any more of their products.

- Jon
Old 06-17-04, 06:14 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

After about 12 hours of tuning on the dyno (literally) and a few runs @ 10-14 lbs, Lar started turning up the boost a little.......e-manage crapped out. It's no longer implementing the changes that are programmed into it. I threw up my hands and gave up on this project (not the first time ) and told Lar let's throw in the towel. He wouldn't give up so easy, so the e-man is going out the window (at speed ) and SP will be installing an AEM EMS and C2DI plus a couple other small things. This will be the first VVT-i car in the world with an AEM (no plug and play for these applications). Big up to Lar for his dedication and professionalism....thx brother. Parts are all being sent next day, so they'll be in on Mon and will be headed straight into the car, i'll have an update next week. I'll have to toast Larry/Gary/Ivan at the wedding, also thx to Jason Siebels.

For the record....not only is the e-manage an absolute piece of garbage, but GReddy tech support is the biggest bunch of jerkoffs i've had to deal with. Toshi is the worst of them, this guy needs an attitude readjustment, too bad he's not local. I won't be buying any more of their products.

- Jon
Good call on the AEM. Before the car gets back to you they will have you into a SP400 too!

-Ethan
Old 06-18-04, 12:26 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

- Jon
Oh man, you scared me again with the beginning of that reoly.
Thank god the car is in capable hands!!
Old 06-18-04, 12:33 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

jon... you know i have my fingers crossed... i can't believe what happened with the emanage....

good luck.
Old 07-08-04, 08:12 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Default ........IT LIVES

SP fabbed a 12-tooth crank trigger setup and a cam trigger setup on the exhaust cam gear to sync to the AEM. Cool stuff. Everything went together great and Lar started the car today. We've decided to swap out the injectors for larger 75lb units...they'll be in on Mon, at which point they'll be installed and the car will be tuned on the dyno once again. Looks like it'll be all done next week.
Old 07-08-04, 08:21 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Default Re: ........IT LIVES

SP fabbed a 12-tooth crank trigger setup and a cam trigger setup on the exhaust cam gear to sync to the AEM. Cool stuff. Everything went together great and Lar started the car today. We've decided to swap out the injectors for larger 75lb units...they'll be in on Mon, at which point they'll be installed and the car will be tuned on the dyno once again. Looks like it'll be all done next week.
Hope it goes well.... Isn't it amazing how talking to Larry can make you want to buy/do so much more stuff

-Ethan
Old 07-09-04, 10:08 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Isn't it amazing how talking to Larry can make you want to buy....
that doesn't sound too good.
Old 07-09-04, 11:17 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: ........IT LIVES

Originally posted by Ebanks
Hope it goes well.... Isn't it amazing how talking to Larry can make you want to buy/do so much more stuff

-Ethan
LOL, LL, listen to Ethen he knows how to spend $$ at SP.

Good to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel for you and I can't wait to see some finished pics/vids.
Old 07-09-04, 11:46 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

take me for a ride....
Old 07-09-04, 01:59 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

almost there....
emange+OBDII=no goood
using the AEM will be interesting...probally have to use it in conjuction with the stock ecu...same way lance does the Haltech's
i wanna see SP get a nice turbo SC on the road and running strong....

Jeff
Old 07-09-04, 02:02 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: ........IT LIVES

Originally posted by Ebanks
Isn't it amazing how talking to Larry can make you want to buy/do so much more stuff

-Ethan

He's some type of hypnotist....maybe he's Satan...but the man can tune a 2JZ.

Dennis...i'll have it at the engagement party, couple weeks and we'll get to take it out.
Old 07-09-04, 04:01 PM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Default Re: Re: Re: ........IT LIVES

Dennis...i'll have it at the engagement party, couple weeks and we'll get to take it out.

getting married to your car.... thats sad man... jk
contrats

Quick Reply: SC300 VVT-i Turbo SP63