Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Remote Start Not Working SC400, Owners Manual for Omega Security System Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-16, 01:46 AM
suprarale
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start Not Working SC400, Owners Manual for Omega Security System Needed

On my 96 SC400, the remote start stopped working. The car sat for a while so I replaced the battery and the remote start has not worked since and before it worked fine. When i press the lock and unlock buttons at the same time, a melody plays indicating the system is responding to my remote start command. Then the accesories will turn on but the engine will not crank. The system will cycle through this procedure three times and then exit out of the remote start program. My starter is working just fine otherwise. All other remote functions work such as keyless entry, lock and siren with chirps and flashing parking lights. The car is NOT in valet mode as I have tried the autostart in and out of valet mode to no avail. I have looked for a hood pin safety switch but I do not think one was ever installed. The car has an ECHO by OMEGA system about maybe 10 years old or so which reads on the main box OMEGA MAX-E. It is a 2 way remote similar to ones by Compustar, Excalibur ect.

I cannot find any info on how to reset my autostart feature. So, does anyone have the solution? I also would like to have the owners manual for the alarm system. Any advice on where to get one of those?
Old 05-18-19, 06:39 AM
suprarale
Driver

Bump. I checked the fuses and they are good. I am still trying to resolve this issue. Any help from someone familiar with aftermarket remote starters would be great.
Old 05-15-20, 06:58 PM
suprarale
Driver

Any help is appriciated. On the wires exiting the alarm system module, I probed the green wire that feeds the starter remotely and jumpered it to the 12V red power wire with the key turned to ignition on, and the starter ran and started the car. So, that tells me the wiring to the stater is good. I think the module itself is faulty.

Maybe it is something simple I am overlooking.

Perhaps I will take the module to a computer repair shop for a closer look at the inside of the module.
Old 05-15-20, 07:08 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by suprarale
Any help is appriciated. On the wires exiting the alarm system module, I probed the green wire that feeds the starter remotely and jumpered it to the 12V red power wire with the key turned to ignition on, and the starter ran and started the car. So, that tells me the wiring to the stater is good. I think the module itself is faulty.

Maybe it is something simple I am overlooking.

Perhaps I will take the module to a computer repair shop for a closer look at the inside of the module.
Honeslty its probably the system itself not the Lexus. Those aftermarket remote start things have a life of about 5-10 years we just replace the whole system at the dealership vs trying to chase wires for hours to find the fault when it could be the computer chip in the aftermarket system.

cant hurt to take it apart and have a look. Worse case buy a new controller espeically if u already found the wires and have the diagram.

Last edited by scsexy; 05-15-20 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-22-20, 07:26 AM
suprarale
Driver

ISSUE RESOLVED!!

Yeah I took the module apart but saw no visible fault with the it. Instead of trying to fix the module, I found a new replacement Omega Max-E on Ebay and I just swapped the module. The remotes came preprogrammed. The remote start now works. Thanks