Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

[Guide] Sc300 Auto to Manual conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-16, 08:22 AM
owner232
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default [Guide] Sc300 Auto to Manual conversion

This is going to be a quick detailed guide to help you and encourage you to do the manual swap on your car.
To get the misunderstanding out of the way the 98 Toyota supra clutch pedal and assembly fit in the sc300
This was done on a 92 sc300

You will need:
38mm hole saw drill bit I got the one I used at home depot, The 38mm seems to be just a bit too big you can try a 35-36 but that is up to you. It worked fine for us though
small pilot drill bit to make it easier
I used this clutch line for my r154
http://xcessivemanufacturing.com/ind...uh-hlk-s2.html
Stock sc300 clutch master cylinder
drill bit the size of the 10mm threads on the clutch master.
of course, the transmission and all of that good stuff
razor blade or a super sharp knife

First start by taking out the center console, all of the auto shifter, the radio, the trim and the metal crash plate under the steering wheel. ***BE VERY CAREFUL The sc300 interior plastic is extremely brittle.***

Next take the insulation off of the firewall where the clutch pedal is going to be, It should be pre-cut from the factory. You will notice the factory has guides already in place Do not follow the guides in the engine bay. **** Make sure the harness on the engine bay side of the firewall is out of the way.!!!*****

Get your drill and center it the best you can on the factory guide, ( I messed up and cut slightly off but that's ok just make sure the bolt holes are in the correct spot and everything will align right up.

You will need to cut some of the firewall insulation for the top of the pedal bracket to bolt up to. We could not find a place for the very bottom bolt hole to bolt to if that is even a mounting spot you could drill one, So we just left it alone the 2 for the master and 1 for the bracket will be enough.

To get the pedal to go into place we had to slightly bend the bracket with a big screwdriver while it was bolted in, That worked great.

I don't have pictures of the rest of the conversion yet I will next weekend. Its pretty much straight forward from there. Personally, I took a Sawzall to the left side of the auto brake pedal to keep my big feet from hitting it.
Be careful with the supra clutch pedal assembly, The spring can chop a car in half. don't push on that pedal with your hand behind it.
This is very easy take your time and you will get it done correctly.

I will add in how to bypass the neutral safety next weekend.

Credit Ryan & Josh at www.boostrebel.com

Last edited by owner232; 11-06-16 at 08:28 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by owner232:
jadu (04-25-17), KiroLS (12-06-20)
Old 11-06-16, 04:41 PM
salimshah

Received 1,076 Likes on 968 Posts

Looks good.

Better location for your post would have been ..build thread.

Salim
Old 11-06-16, 06:53 PM
owner232
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If someone wants to move it that will be fine
Old 04-25-17, 08:45 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

thanks for posting the detailed pics and descriptions! A lot of the older threads had broken links to pics