Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Troubleshooting Side Mirrors, Passenger Window not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-17, 12:25 PM
drseth
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Troubleshooting Side Mirrors, Passenger Window not Working

Hi,

I just picked up a 1995 SC400 with 66K original miles, white/ivory interior, no sunroof, Pioneer sound system, memory seats, steering wheel, and mirrors, and without TRAC or heated seats. Kind of a plain Jane SC400, except for the dealer installed gold Lexus 16 inch wheels, and gold badging.

Already fixed the Greyhound Bus tilt steering wheel so that it is now a normal car steering position, but am curious about how to fix the side mirrors not working, and the passenger window not working. I have read about the ECU that goes bad, and the Passenger window having a bad regulator and/or motor, but since they both are switched from the same control, how do I check the switches to make sure it is not the switch?
Old 03-12-17, 05:25 PM
LoudonMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with the passenger side window. I experienced slow/no movement, and I replaced the regulator/cable mech. Dont try to repair the cable/regulator mech. Too many bad words said. Go on Amazon and order one and relax. My drive motor was kind of slow, so I applied wax to the guides for the window, and it runs great now.
Old 03-12-17, 09:02 PM
drseth
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LoudonMan
I had the same problem with the passenger side window. I experienced slow/no movement, and I replaced the regulator/cable mech. Dont try to repair the cable/regulator mech. Too many bad words said. Go on Amazon and order one and relax. My drive motor was kind of slow, so I applied wax to the guides for the window, and it runs great now.
Thanks for the kind reply. The first thing I did was to replace the regulator/motor with an EBay one, and it went up fine using passenger switch, but down, no such luck. Before installing, I tried running it both ways, and it did fine both ways. I ordered a driver side switch, and if that doesn't work, and I can't get my hands on a wiring diagram, I am going to have a shop look at it. There is a white wire with a stripe, forgot color that was a ground feed to passenger window switch that was not grounded. Maybe that is the problem, but I don't know where to locate the harness under the dash to jump a wire.
Old 03-13-17, 12:11 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i have the power mirror ecu if you need it, it is usually the culprit for the side mirros not working. 65 shipped