Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 Fuel Injector Electrical Connector

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-17, 12:28 PM
sparkyguy
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SC400 Fuel Injector Electrical Connector

'93 SC400
As part of the dreaded starter replacement on my SC400, the very FIRST fuel-injector connector I GENTLY squeezed by hand gave way with a CRACK. I know these are almost always broken on any repair because they get brittle (my ride is WELL north of 150k miles). What I haven't been able to find is a replacement connector part number or source for the same. Can anybody offer input on what they did to replace broken plastic connectors? I've read thru several forum threads where people say they broke connectors while removing them, but then didn't follow up with a description of what they did to repair or replace.

I've never had to replace fuel injector electrical connectors in the past. Are they standardized enough that I can pick up at AutoZone, Rock Auto, Advance or others? I anticipate that this is NOT going to be that easy)?

Thanks in advance for any replies or assistance.
Old 03-20-17, 05:08 PM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I recall the fuel injector connector you need is Female Dippon Denso F1 needs new terminals too. Will not work with existing terminals. Available from a variety of retailers. There may be pigtails available which would make it much easier. As far as replacing a connector I highly recommend the Lisle 56500 tool. I have replaced many connectors on my SC400 and this is well worth the small cost. I used this video to familiarize yourself how to replace a connector however for some reason I don't think you can use the original terminals on a new F1 connector and have to repin the wires. As I said in this case a pigtail connector would be much easier.

https://youtu.be/-7oSpcL1jBY
Old 03-20-17, 10:11 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 234 Likes on 214 Posts

I kinda freaked when mine all broke, too. Gravity is your friend, however. Chances are you'll be fine just pressing the connectors down firmly.

If you do want to replace the connectors, look on DriftMotion. I'm pretty sure they carry the right kind, even though they're more geared to 2JZ stuff. There are two common types of Toyota connectors. Make sure you pick the right one. I probably have the info in my notes somewhere, if you get stuck.