Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

intercooler fitment on the SC300 using MKIV kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-03, 05:30 PM
TurboSCLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intercooler fitment on the SC300 using MKIV kits

Hey does any body know if the greddy 3 row FMIC intercooler for the Supra can fit in the SC that has the 2JZ-GTE swap. If not what steps are needed to be taken in order for it to fit. Or should I go with an HKS FMIC intercooler and get the universal pipe kit and fit it together. Please, if any body that has any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I just about ready to pull the 2jz-ge out and swap it. So at the I am racking head tring to figure out how I am I supposed to get this al done.

P.S. Thanks for the input on the tach adapter quikturbo that info was very helpful,

Sincearly,
Adriel
Old 06-06-03, 11:08 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The Greddy 3-Row for the supra is supposed to fit, and the piping shoud be just right.

gadgetSC-t
Old 06-06-03, 11:16 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

I've heard the Supra TT Intercooolers will fit. Just minor bracket modifications need to be made for the SC chassis.

There is a JZZ30/SC300 specific kit from GReddy or HKS though if you have time to wait and don't feel like making the modifications, lol.

Last edited by TurboB6; 06-06-03 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-07-03, 04:59 AM
Angel
Lead Lap

We had to lengthen one of the pipes of my GReddy 3 row kit to make it fit. I think we had to lengthen it 5" but it was no big deal.
Old 07-05-03, 12:14 AM
TurboSCLex
Driver School Candidate

Ok sorry that it took so long to reply.....working on the car. So I see that most of you say that it will fit just fine. Well how do you guys deal with the power steering return hose that get in the way of the intake pipe's track. I know that the kit comes with power steering relocation lines but how did any of you guys make any clearance. It seems that I am either going to have route brand new lines on my own, or purchase almost the entire p/s line assembly from toyota. please let me know how you guy solved this problem, pictures would definatly help me figure it all out, cause after taking the old motor and bummper off I did some looking around and was racking head with small ideas and drawn sketches and pretty much got no where. Please help me cause I realy want to take advantage of a FMIC there so sweet.

Thanks,
Adriel
Old 07-05-03, 06:34 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: intercooler fitment on the SC300 using MKIV kits

Originally posted by TurboSCLex

P.S. Thanks for the input on the tach adapter quikturbo that info was very helpful,

Sincearly,
Adriel
Glad I could help Adriel.

By the way, I had to add a bit of length to my lower ic pipes as well. Similiar to what Angle mentioned.

Good luck on the swap.

Chris
Old 07-05-03, 06:40 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Similar question, what about the ic pipes from a mkiv smic will the intake side fit on a sc300 or will it need to be modified?

Thanks.
Old 07-05-03, 09:28 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna go with a Dave H kit Gazi?
Old 07-05-03, 09:31 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LL,

Placed the order with Dave. Piecing some of the other stuff as we speak. Cant wait.
Old 07-05-03, 10:28 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

The stock TT sidemount fits perfectly in the stock MKIV location. You just neet intercooler pipes made to fit. All the holes in the body work arr already there. All you need is a simple straight plate metal bracket just a few inches long, easy to make on your own.
Old 07-05-03, 10:30 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone try a Greddy 4 row or HKS type R??? Afterall, if you're gonna do it, you might as well not stop half way. Especially given the minor price difference.
Old 07-05-03, 11:10 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Scott, not sure if it's even worth it to spring for that monster Type R, Lar made 843 rwhp on a Type S, seems to be a very efficient unit, he said he feels it's plenty. Gazi, that's great news, now it'll be four NA-T's representin' NY, better bring some drag radials to the next meet ...
Old 07-05-03, 05:47 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Gazi...

gadgetSC-t
Old 07-05-03, 08:45 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: intercooler fitment on the SC300 using MKIV kits

Originally posted by TurboSCLex
Hey does any body know if the greddy 3 row FMIC intercooler for the Supra can fit in the SC that has the 2JZ-GTE swap. If not what steps are needed to be taken in order for it to fit. Or should I go with an HKS FMIC intercooler and get the universal pipe kit and fit it together. Please, if any body that has any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I just about ready to pull the 2jz-ge out and swap it. So at the I am racking head tring to figure out how I am I supposed to get this al done.

Sincearly,
Adriel
Where in Florida do you live?
Old 07-05-03, 09:55 PM
Angel
Lead Lap

We just bent the Power Steering cooling lines out of the way

Quick Reply: intercooler fitment on the SC300 using MKIV kits