Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 sc400 egr valve specs? electronic California emissions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-17, 10:34 PM
72corolla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 sc400 egr valve specs? electronic California emissions

I have code 71 and the Egr valve was stuck open so I made the delete plates and installed a 10k resistor in the Egr temp circuit and still code 71? No resistance specs
Old 06-07-17, 06:45 PM
72corolla
Driver School Candidate

Default replies

108 views and no responses? either no love or nobody else knows the specs? so far i have done this to the car 1 month of owning it.replaced fuel injector and fuel filter,hollowed out damaged cats,center resonator and rear resonator delete,caps rotors plugs wires,power steering high pressure hose,ecu caps and transistor replacement,(that was a fun night to say the least),diy cone filter intake for noise,ac retrofit,both interior door handles,both window regulators,steering rack,front upper and lower control arm bushings,front and rear sway bar bushings,replaced tps,cleaned and replaced bearings in my iac valve,diy egr block off plates with 10k ohm resistor,and most recently deleting the mufflers.(going to weld on some magnaflows or flowmasters on this weekend)i also have obtained a w58,clutch pedal,and front half of driveshaft as i plan on swapping to 5 speed.any help is very appreciated as i dont want to buy a egr valve if its not in use anyways just to clear my last check engine code on my laundry list of codes that i started off with.
Old 07-11-17, 01:10 PM
leaderpvp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, i dont have a spec for egr, but can take a look for any details you need in factory manual for sc400
i got a question to you, after deleting cats, do you have cel that complaining about cats ? Thx. Looking long time for the answer.😊
Old 07-12-17, 01:59 AM
72corolla
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by leaderpvp
Hey, i dont have a spec for egr, but can take a look for any details you need in factory manual for sc400
i got a question to you, after deleting cats, do you have cel that complaining about cats ? Thx. Looking long time for the answer.😊

no need to worry about o2sensor codes.only code 71 the egr code. I have been searching for what controls the A19 pin at the ecu. It goes to the transistor that failed in the ecu.
your exhaust will be a little stinky but the sound makes up for that. My current engine bay so you Lexus veterans know I'm not just a story teller haha
Old 07-12-17, 05:39 AM
Brennen01
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry a little off topic, but hows your cooling with the electric fan? did you use a LS400 pulley to delete the hydro?
Old 07-12-17, 11:55 AM
72corolla
Driver School Candidate

Same or better than the oe fan.i used a tundra fan pulley bracket.(lees cost and more available in Hawaii)
Old 07-12-17, 11:56 AM
72corolla
Driver School Candidate

*less cost than ls400
Old 07-12-17, 08:39 PM
Brennen01
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info.... do you happen to know what year tundra its off of? And is that mk4 rad? Looks really clean with the oem fan assembly deleted.
Old 07-13-17, 12:18 AM
72corolla
Driver School Candidate

2003 tundra.the radiator is some race one for a Honda or something...friend gave it to me new in a box saying that I could come up with some kind of use for it.well a week later my oe plastic radiator cracked and leaked coolant and soon as I pulled in a parking stall(like it waited until right before I had to turn it off) lol.epoxy worked to seal it,refilled it and drove it back home to start brainstorming on some mounting ideas for the racing radiator for a different car a week prior. Made some aluminum brackets that accepted some energy suspension bushings I had and I am happy with it now

what a coincidence right?
Old 02-04-19, 02:09 AM
Palmdale
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 72corolla
108 views and no responses? either no love or nobody else knows the specs? so far i have done this to the car 1 month of owning it.replaced fuel injector and fuel filter,hollowed out damaged cats,center resonator and rear resonator delete,caps rotors plugs wires,power steering high pressure hose,ecu caps and transistor replacement,(that was a fun night to say the least),diy cone filter intake for noise,ac retrofit,both interior door handles,both window regulators,steering rack,front upper and lower control arm bushings,front and rear sway bar bushings,replaced tps,cleaned and replaced bearings in my iac valve,diy egr block off plates with 10k ohm resistor,and most recently deleting the mufflers.(going to weld on some magnaflows or flowmasters on this weekend)i also have obtained a w58,clutch pedal,and front half of driveshaft as i plan on swapping to 5 speed.any help is very appreciated as i dont want to buy a egr valve if its not in use anyways just to clear my last check engine code on my laundry list of codes that i started off with.

The flowmasters are the way to go. 40 series single chamber, no tips. Sounds like a cammed out domestic. Ive the same exact setup
Old 03-19-19, 03:02 PM
jiminy
Driver School Candidate

Here are the EGR valve resistance specs for a '95: