Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 SC300 2JZGE Ignition & Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-17, 07:06 AM
EXCellR8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 92 SC300 2JZGE Ignition & Clutch

Hello all, was looking to get some help with my car... didn't spot anything in the DIY sticky so I figured to post--sorry if I missed something useful.

Anyway. I have a first gen SC300 with factory 5MT and 2JZGE NA. I can't seem to get the key to activate the starter but I know the starter's good and the battery is brand new. If I probe the relay the motor cranks fine but when I push the clutch in and turn the key nothing happens except that the dash lights come on and I hear the fuel pump. I also did an oil change, filter, clutch and dropped in a stainless header with no cat--but the O2 sensors have been reinstalled and connected. I figure this has gotta be something pretty simple but I've been scratching my head for a day or two now. I've looked at a few different things but is there anything in particular that I should be on the lookout for in regards to fixing this? My knowledge of these motors is fair, but I'm a little scattered when it comes to the electrical.

Any input would be appreciated; I can provide info and pics as necessary, thank you.