Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Cheap Mods for SC300?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-17 | 12:03 PM
CMG
Driver School Candidate

Default Cheap Mods for SC300?

I was just curious if there were any cheap modifications to make an SC300 have a bit more performance. So far mine is still all stock, except for exhaust resonator and muffler delete. I have coilovers I have yet to install. But I was wondering if there were ways to improve stuff like throttle response, MPG, and maybe some horsepower.

My SC's year is 1992 if that will make any differences in mod options. I'm trying to stay N/A because my car has 201k on the clock. It's also an automatic. But any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-02-17 | 06:55 PM
Jdmsc5spd
Driver School Candidate

i had a 3.26 diff in mine i had 92 sc400 5spd but mpg went up considerably cruising on the freeway at 2k going 70mph swapped back out though to stock gearing. Like kitabel said slower acceleration was affected
Old 08-02-17 | 10:50 PM
CMG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kitabel
I suggest a cylinder leak-down test and a compression test to determine how much ring seal you still have. If the results are bad, don't spend any money on mods, think about replacing the engine.
I have another engine on standby from a friend, I was just wanting to see if there was anything I could do until it gets here.
And how would I do a cylinder leak-down test? Sorta new to this stuff and have never really heard of that before.