Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Weld clutch clevis - strengthened clutch pedal part

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-17, 10:30 AM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Lightbulb Weld clutch clevis - strengthened clutch pedal part

This replaces the stock piece, which is actually two pieces of metal separated by what looks to be a plastic or rubber bushing. This goes between the physical clutch pedal and the rod that goes thru the firewall to the clutch master cylinder.

Weld designed this to replace the factory part because Toyota drifters in Japan kept braking these. The factory part allows for a bit of flex, and that can cause issues with quick shifting. Too much flex can cause damage to the clutch master cylinder. Of course, these problems are magnified on cars that are drifted hard most of the time.

I can confirm, this does fit the Soarer / SC300.

I installed this on my car a few days before Tuner Evolution.
My piece was in good shape, but I wanted to replace it anyway. Anything that makes for better response is always worth it in my mind. A perk I discovered is that it allows for full adjustment of the clutch pedal. So for the first time ever I have a clutch pedal that isn't higher than the brake pedal lol

It's listed on the Weld site as fitting the
JZA70
JZA80
JZZ30
JZX90/100/110
SXE10 (that means it works on JCE10s [IS300] as well)

http://shop.weld-jp.com/eshopdo/refer/vidWD0099.html

I had a friend who moves a lot of JDM parts thru his shop source me one of these. I've been eyeballing it for at least 3 years now. I finally said DO IT figuring I might as well be the guinea pig for it.

Since I've posted this up on facebook, I've had a couple people inquire about getting them. So I'm gonna see if I can either get my friend to start selling these here in the USA, or contact another friend and see if he can add them to his english website in Japan. I'll keep you guys updated.