Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fluidampr install help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-17, 05:09 PM
davvv
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fluidampr install help!

Hey CL, i'm having some trouble figuring out a way to hold the fluidampr crank pulley so I can get it tight to 240ftlbs. The stock Toyota tool won't work because this has 3 bolts. I have searched everywhere to find a tool that'll work. All I find is threads about timing marks. Has anyone here installed the fluidampr pulley? If so how did you do? Is my only hope making my own tool or has anyone found anything else that works. Thank you guys in advance
Old 10-10-17, 08:52 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 206 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by davvv
Hey CL, i'm having some trouble figuring out a way to hold the fluidampr crank pulley so I can get it tight to 240ftlbs. The stock Toyota tool won't work because this has 3 bolts. I have searched everywhere to find a tool that'll work. All I find is threads about timing marks. Has anyone here installed the fluidampr pulley? If so how did you do? Is my only hope making my own tool or has anyone found anything else that works. Thank you guys in advance
I have put 3 on, one I put on with the engine out of the car and was able to put a pry bar in the rear crank bolts to hold it. The other 2 I just did the best I could to lock the drive train and tighten it all I could. None have come off.