Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Finally!! SC400 Supercharger!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-03, 01:58 AM
808state
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vegassc400
I just received a reply from Neil at Rush imports.

1) I was assured the headers would fit the US model SC400. Possibly an LS400 as well, but as Keith pointed out, it can be pricey to get the wrong part and try to resell it back to another country.

Chris
if a company assures the quality and fit, then they should have no problem with refunding all costs plus shipping if their product does not fit properly. get it in writing.

just ask and if they back down, then honestly, they can't assure you and just wanting to make a quick sell without proper r&d and fittings.

but if you want to take the risk, then you'll either live with the consequences or be happy with the mod.
Old 06-26-03, 05:58 AM
Manny
Driver School Candidate

Just following this thread and thought I'd add my comments and hopefully shed some light on some of the previous comments.

I've been a very satisfied customer of Neil Griffiths / Rush Imports for more than 12 months and as recently as last weekend had some aftermarket cams fitted by Neil personally to my mildly modified factory 5 Speed Twin Turbo 1JZ-GTE'd JZZ30 Soarer .

Neil is an up front sort of guy with a very laid back sort of attitude and has never let any of the large ALSC community down - on the contrary, he has repeatedly gone out of his way to assist us when we're in need. Everyone who deals with Neil has nothing but praise for his willingness and ability to assist.

The blower mentioned/pictured on the EFI Dynamics site is the actual blower kit that Andy Richardson has been developing for some time and as updated from time to time by Peter Scott on Planet Soarer aka Soarer Diehard and on here in the past. EFI Dynamics is where Andy has been doing his dyno testing and the like during the development cycle. I understand that final casting is presently under way and the kit will be commercially available in the next 4-6 weeks from a few select distributors including Rush Imports.

I'd be quite surprised if Andy's blower kit had any issues working as designed on US-based SC400's as they are, mechanically, essentially a LHD version of the UZZ30 Soarer we have here in Oz with conventional suspension - the steering mechanism and braking assembly are nowhere near the blower's mounting location or drive belt on either LHD or RHD UZZ3x.

Keith
Regarding your Oz-sourced headers that don't fit your SC400 - would they happen to be Tex's or someone else's headers?
From my understanding, Tex's headers have been succesfully fitted to quite a number of US based SC400's and I'm curious as to the source of your troubles.

Last edited by Manny; 06-26-03 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-26-03, 07:05 PM
jzz30
Driver School Candidate

all australian soarers are from japan.
the japanese and american SC series are almost identical save for a few cosmetics and Left hand drive.
aussie headers will fit your US 1UZ-FE no worries

by the way, litre is spelt litre everywhere except america

cheers
Old 06-26-03, 11:13 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

i was just joking around about the liter thing its my favourite thing to talk about tho, because i say "lit-ray" in my head from reading it...colour is another funny one, ou vowls together crack me up.
Old 06-27-03, 01:08 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by jzz30
all australian soarers are from japan.
the japanese and american SC series are almost identical save for a few cosmetics and Left hand drive.
aussie headers will fit your US 1UZ-FE no worries

by the way, litre is spelt litre everywhere except america

cheers
I want to clear this up a bit. I've been getting a ***** load of PM's about this, so I'll just post it here. I don't like posting this info on a public forum, but to just stop the PM's I feel like I have to.

The Headers I have are from Australia, and thats all I'm going to say- so don't ask for more info. Saying they didn't fit was a bad choice of words. They fit, but need several modifications to fit RIGHT. They will not just bolt on, so keep that in mind, but they do "fit". Just be careful of people saying they fit.....they do, but.......like most things in life, there is a catch->

The problems I have are these:

They only have one set of O2 bungs, so a second set need to be drilled and welded in. Bungs are only 6$ each and then drill and weld time on top of that. Not bad, but unexpected. I can drill, and I can weld- so no biggie!

My vehicle does not have the temp sensors, so the ports that are on the headers need to be cut off and welded shut. Again, no biggie- simple to do. I could even just buy a universal air pump blocking plate for it and block it off w/ a gasket. Not complaining- just unexpected.

There is some type of recirc. port (possibly a sensor port - square opening) on the factory manifold on one side only. A flange needs to be made and a hole cut in the header to adapt it over. I did not remove this piece, and immediately quit before taking it apart.....and I didn't even bother to look in the manual to see what exactly it is. Yes, my bad on that, as it could be something I could remove all together and not need. But I assumed it was an emission control part. Plus seeing as I couldn't finish the install, I just wanted to quickly get the car back to working order. This is the only problem that I need to look into, and is the only thing I wish to caution people on.

The headers fit, and if you bring them to a shop to install, they can get them to fit, but they will probably charge a few extra $$ for the extra steps. But since I'm installing them myself, and welding in the rest of the exhaust system, it was going to take a bit longer than the 1 1/2 days I had planned on having the car "apart", so I quit. So as long as your a competent welder and have the equipment- its not a big deal at all. But please don't plan on a drop in fit. The emissions on the different spec cars are different. The computers are way different on top of that. So expect the problems, but don't let that deter you from purchasing the headers. I look forward to resolving these problems and having a sweet sounding exhaust!

Keith
Old 06-27-03, 01:33 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was mentioned above that Tex's headers have been fit to several US sc400 models.
DId any of these models have the same problem as Keith?

Could this be a year model specific change?

Keith,
What year is your lexus?
Old 06-27-03, 08:09 PM
Blown SC
Rookie

Hi All,
Well now that I have some input on the Extractors,,,Like Needing another Ox Sensor etc..I will try and get some pics of the US Std Manifolds....Also it has come to mine that use run an EGR valve on the SC400...Once I find all this out,,Then there will be 2 Xtra Ox sensor holes...The Cat Warning Probe hole will be removed,,and an extra bit will be put in the Drivers Side Manifold for the EGR Pipe to connect to...So there will be NO SALES from ME,,Untill all Issues are Resolved,Ok....I truly want to sell a Bolt and drive setup..
Hey thanks Manny & Fred for your support..Does this mean I owe you's ????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Old 06-27-03, 08:54 PM
ravencr
Rookie

Somehow I post this thread, and this is only the third or fourth email I got after all these posts have been made. Anyone else have this problem?

Chris
Old 06-27-03, 10:36 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Ravencr, you won't receive another email notification until you check the thread. It only sends one notification until you log back in and check. Thanks for the initial post. Good research.

Blownsc, Thank you for the concern for your customers. Most aftermarket parts dealer just want to get the money and ship the part, whether it's the right one or not.

Having the other members vouch for your business helps so I think you owe them a beer.

Last edited by Vegassc400; 06-27-03 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-28-03, 12:23 AM
Blown SC
Rookie

Vegassc400,,heheheeh..I dont drink,,So I have to make them a Coffee.....But they have to bring the Cake,,heheheeh
Old 06-29-03, 04:11 PM
legendary
Racer

this is excellent.
I really am looking forward to the finished product. Area51 let us down

thanks everyone for your input and all efforts...trust us, us pre-blown 1uz guys appreciate it!
Old 06-30-03, 05:40 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by verylost
It was mentioned above that Tex's headers have been fit to several US sc400 models.
DId any of these models have the same problem as Keith?

Could this be a year model specific change?

Keith,
What year is your lexus?

1992 SC400

Allright- I've bypassed the EGR valve on many o' cars in my time. Does anoyone know of any potential problems w/ the SC if I simply "Block it off"? I'd rather not learn the hard way. Second, does anyone sell a block off plate? I can make my own, but if a plate is just 5$, I'd buy it!

Hints or ideas? Thanks-
Old 06-30-03, 03:46 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is going into the shop probably next week or the week after for a header (Tex) install.
I'll post back as to if it is a year specific change and if there is a difference,
My car is a 93 sc400.
Old 07-23-03, 07:40 AM
ravencr
Rookie

Here's the latest from Force Air Technologies. The S/C is out and ready to be shipped!!!!!!

MEMO - TO ALL

SUBJECT - RELEASE OF 1uz-fe SUPERCHARGER PACKAGE

FROM - DANNY WILLIAMS

Sorry for the delay as some of you have been waiting some time for this and I thank you for your patience.

Forced Air has finally released it 1uz-fe supercharger package though it still only incorporates a fabricated manifold.

The cast manifold still has not been completed and will not be ready till the end of this year but the fabricated unit performs great.

Further information is now posted on the web site and if you have any further questions don’t hesitate to drop us a line.

Regards
Danny
Old 07-23-03, 07:41 AM
ravencr
Rookie

Here's a dyno chart too!!

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
lexus.pdf (15.6 KB, 234 views)

Quick Reply: Finally!! SC400 Supercharger!!!