Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Finally!! SC400 Supercharger!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-03, 10:39 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Few questions:

What year and model lexus was that? ( it did not specifiy on the dyno chart ) That could very well be for a LS400.

Secondly, how much does that kit cost, and what kinda estimated labor for installation and tuning is involved?

using my conversion prgrm,... that is ruffly a 180rwhp to 250 rwhp gain. I figured more along the lines of 300rwhp with addtion of a SC... and maybe that's an older SC/LS400. Allegedly, 97's put down right around 200'ish hp,... so maybe the numbers would be different,... hell, i wonder what a 98+ model would do, or if this would even work with them due to the OBDII

Last edited by NAZTY97; 07-23-03 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-23-03, 11:15 AM
ravencr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure about all that, but Danny sure would know. Go to his site at: http://www.forcedairtech.com.au/ and ask him. Make sure you post what you find out. He's got two systems working, using two different S/C's, so there seems to be options at this point.

Chris
Old 07-23-03, 11:19 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who is going to be the first to try this?
Old 07-23-03, 06:00 PM
ravencr
Rookie

I'm personally going to wait until it has been installed on numerous vehicles, and instead of being machined, be the final product quality. All I know is that when I put on the TRD S/C on my 4Runner, they claim that you don't need anything else. Well, 370cc injectors, 190 LPH high pressure fuel pump, piggy-back computer, and Supra MAF later, I no have achieved a lot more HP, instead of leaning out at high RPM's. I talked with Danny, and he said that most cars can handle up to about 6 psi of boost without having to go to all that additional expense. I can't wait till some folks get it on and try it out. I would definitely go for the bigger of the two S/C's, because it is larger and intercooled, which could expand to a lot more power down the road with additional work. I can't wait to start seeing results and start the project myself.

Chris
Old 07-23-03, 06:14 PM
dunn378
Pole Position

so nazty97 your sayin that the kit adds almost 200hp to the rear wheels? i'm putting about 215hp to the ground with my 91 Ls400 and your saying this kit could give me over 400rwhp?? which kit was it, the standard one or the upgraded charger?? i'm asking because i'm having problems downloading the chart. thanks!!

Last edited by dunn378; 07-23-03 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-23-03, 06:27 PM
ravencr
Rookie

Here's the chart again!

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
sc400 dyno.pdf (15.6 KB, 227 views)
Old 07-23-03, 09:51 PM
Fred Smith
Pole Position

1) The graph shows an approx 50rwkw gain - about 70rwhp. Where do you get 180-250 from???

2) All FAT have ever looked at is V8 Soarers that I know of, so I doubt it's for a LS400.

3) You all complain and whine that there are no affordable superchargers for the SC4, then one comes along at a tiny price and it's "oh I'm going to wait a year until everyone else has done it".

Little wonder why people don't develop stuff for the SC. If I was in the performance business, I would go straight to the Supra crowd too... most of them buy their cars with a mod budget in hand, ready to spend, and start spending straight away. There's just no market in selling SC performance products.
Old 07-24-03, 04:20 AM
ravencr
Rookie

Fred,

As far as waiting till some other do the modifications, I've been on the front of the modification front on other vehicles, and I'm not doing it again, until most of the bugs are worked out. Although, I will get one.

Chris
Old 07-24-03, 01:00 PM
Fred Smith
Pole Position

Just sick of seeing people moan that there are no options.. then when there are, they don't do it anyway. It's like they want the products sitting there so they can forever say "just about to order supercharger" or "I will be able to walk you when I get my blower". Like it's a security blanket "yeah my car could easily go fast... it doesn't, but it could". Well if noone buys it, it's not there. I wish they would just decide... instead of "I will be definitely be interested in thinking about maybe doing it", just be honest with yourselves and say "no I wouldn't do it", and stick with the "tail light globe mod" and the "windscreen washer fluid mod".

Hell, I bet 95% of people here haven't even got headers. That's gotta be a first for a V8 car. I bet close to 95% of people on Mustang boards *do* have headers. And it's not like they're even expensive. 400 or 500 bucks or so from Rush. "Oh but they don't match straight up". Big deal - get your exhaust guy to drill a couple of holes and fit a bung. Wow. Rocket science.
Old 07-24-03, 01:10 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel alot of anger in this thread.
Old 07-24-03, 02:38 PM
Blown SC
Rookie

Only a few words,
Do not get "FAT" mixed up with "RAT" they are 2 different setups...
US Spec Extractors will be about $500US DELIVERED to the States as soon as R&D is finished.
Cheers People.
Old 07-24-03, 04:51 PM
ravencr
Rookie

Blown SC,

What is that in english?

Fred, I'm sorry you feel that way, and I'm sure you have proof to back it up. But, I've not been into this car yet, and I have done nothing to it yet, because I've been focusing on my 4runner mods, which is fully decked out by the way. I think we've done enough useless discussion on whether people will buy it or not. I think we ought to get back to talking about everyone's plans on when they are going to do it, what other mods they plan to do with it in conjunction with it, etc.

Chris
Old 07-24-03, 04:54 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by ravencr
Blown SC,

What is that in english?

Fred, I'm sorry you feel that way, and I'm sure you have proof to back it up. But, I've not been into this car yet, and I have done nothing to it yet, because I've been focusing on my 4runner mods, which is fully decked out by the way. I think we've done enough useless discussion on whether people will buy it or not. I think we ought to get back to talking about everyone's plans on when they are going to do it, what other mods they plan to do with it in conjunction with it, etc.

Chris

ditto. by the way I'm a total wuss and will not buy or do anything to my lex and just shoot my mouth off.
Old 07-24-03, 05:55 PM
Blown SC
Rookie

FAT = Forced Air Tech

RAT = Richardson Air Technoligies....Full Cast Manifold for the Blower,no adapter plates.
Old 07-24-03, 05:57 PM
ravencr
Rookie

What's rat's web site and contact information? What S/C's does it work with?

Chris

Quick Reply: Finally!! SC400 Supercharger!!!