Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Finally!! SC400 Supercharger!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-03, 09:36 PM
Fred Smith
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to get someone to prove me wrong and actually do something.........

Yes, there are a few exceptions here, but mostly, noone does anything but complain "damn I wish more people made parts for the SC4". If you build it, they will come....
Old 07-24-03, 09:42 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

i really want that supercharger, too bad i have absolutely no money and bed bath and beyond has cut my hours in half . oh well i cant wait to hear the stories when people buy it!
Old 07-24-03, 10:06 PM
Blown SC
Rookie

DonthateSC,,,Mate you will hear all about it once its hammering along...Also be an Mpeg of it,,hehehehe...Going down the Strip...FULL NOISE...So save up Mate...$7000US should see you have a Hard SC/Soarer...heheheheheh
Old 07-24-03, 10:51 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I simply need more info on the kit before I buy it. The car is already in the works getting newer engine...SC is next but I need a lot more info then FAT have to offer on their web site. Keep this thread going, post what you know about it and more and more people would be willing to get it. BlownSC...how did you come up with $7k? Whats in that number?
Old 07-25-03, 12:04 AM
Blown SC
Rookie

Extractors $500
Upgraded Blower $4000
Fuel Pump $95
Tuneable ECU $1200
Upgraded Injectors $ ????
And some labour..
$7,000US was a rough guestamate..for yous to work on....Then you can work ya way down from that price depending on what ya wanna do...
Dont worry...everything I talk about,,,I do to my car...I'm a Soarer Junkie..heheheeh
Old 07-25-03, 05:55 AM
ravencr
Rookie

I'm pretty sure that with the first system, you don't need any additonal fuel management stuff, but with the second one, you might. Once you increase the boost from 6 psi, then you'll need the fuel pump, injectors, piggy-back, etc.

Chris
Old 07-25-03, 11:19 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

I just want to say, Rush Import (Neil) is a great person to deal with. FYI the kit is not ready yet from FAT. The intake manifold is ready not the kit. Please read it carefully. We have a long thread about it too in our forum. http://www.lextreme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=370

However, I am just so happy that there are companies making kits for the 1UZ. I would say this, start save up your money. Few kits are coming.
Old 07-25-03, 04:50 PM
ravencr
Rookie

Actually, the kit is ready, including the manifold. It's just not the final cast version. It's the machined version at this point.

Chris
Old 07-25-03, 10:05 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

I have inside source about FAT kit. Its not ready. The manifold is done, but the kit is not ready yet. Supercharging takes more than a manifold to run. I think it will be ready by the end of this year. EFI kit will be ready by September.
Old 07-26-03, 04:07 AM
ravencr
Rookie

That's not the email I got or posted on this forum, so I'm going to go with the direct words from Danny.

Chris
Old 07-28-03, 04:44 PM
ravencr
Rookie

Here's the latest information from Danny at Forced Air Technologies. It looks like they have it done to me, Lex!

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: txt
supercharger details.txt (3.7 KB, 880 views)
Old 07-28-03, 06:23 PM
Blown SC
Rookie

Heres something out in the open !!!
David (Lextreme) ,,,Emerald (MsEmerald)....would you's be willing to try a Laptop Programable ECU in your SC400's ??? You both have Enhanced SC's...This will be a Plug and Play setup..you will have to cover the Dyno Tuning over there on your Laptop......This Unit could be made available by the end of the year......
Are you's Interested.....
Emerald.....seeing how David has Turbo's on his SC and LS,,,,Once I have finished the US Spec Extractors,,are you willing to be the first to try them ????
Old 07-28-03, 06:51 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

sounds good...... Youve got mail
Old 07-28-03, 09:08 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

I am ready now. I won an intercooler from ebay and its ready to increase boost to 15-18 psi. Need that ecu now....... my injectors are good for 550 rwhp. Everythings are ready to rock. Come Neil, give us more info.

david
Old 07-29-03, 02:36 PM
Blown SC
Rookie

David,,Ya gunna have to wait about 2-3 months mate....once it is working on my car and all is clear & OK,,I will notify you..

Quick Reply: Finally!! SC400 Supercharger!!!