Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Trying to get track ready but NO helmet height-no track.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-18, 05:09 PM
taylortec
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Trying to get track ready but NO helmet height-no track.

I did some searching and got some answers to some questions I had.
My neighbor bought a 2018 TT RS and has tracked it this past summer and really got me wanting to try it out.
Im trying to get my SC track ready but I can't fit in it with a helmet on.

Anyone else 5'10-ish tall and your head is right at the headliner? I'm hoping my seat is just stuck high or something.
Old 01-02-18, 02:41 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 189 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by taylortec
I did some searching and got some answers to some questions I had.
My neighbor bought a 2018 TT RS and has tracked it this past summer and really got me wanting to try it out.
Im trying to get my SC track ready but I can't fit in it with a helmet on.

Anyone else 5'10-ish tall and your head is right at the headliner? I'm hoping my seat is just stuck high or something.
Unfortunatly you might have to get racing seats so you can fitin in your car with the helmet on.
Old 01-03-18, 11:39 AM
taylortec
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
Unfortunatly you might have to get racing seats so you can fitin in your car with the helmet on.
And after searching plenty on those. I cant decide what way I want to go. Dang it bobby!
Old 01-03-18, 07:59 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 189 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by taylortec
And after searching plenty on those. I cant decide what way I want to go. Dang it bobby!
Honestly man I had a set of the sparco r100's and they are a really nice comfortable seat they recline so they are not fixed back but are super nice.
Old 01-03-18, 08:13 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 209 Likes on 160 Posts

I race my black car, full race set up with OMP halo seat. Head hits the roll bar on left and pressed against halo on right. Need to reposition seat.

I also track my red car, stock seats. I have to lean the seat back slightly but it fits ok. I am 6'0" so you should fit ok. Look at your seat, I bet there is some issue with height adjustment. But like I said you probably have to lean it back some, but not too much to not drive comfortably.
Old 01-03-18, 08:20 PM
taylortec
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXRodger
I race my black car, full race set up with OMP halo seat. Head hits the roll bar on left and pressed against halo on right. Need to reposition seat.

I also track my red car, stock seats. I have to lean the seat back slightly but it fits ok. I am 6'0" so you should fit ok. Look at your seat, I bet there is some issue with height adjustment. But like I said you probably have to lean it back some, but not too much to not drive comfortably.
I got a roll cage keeping me from leaning back any more rightnow. I'm really debating cutting that damn thing out. I don't think its to any spec anyway. I think it was for looks or street cred. Who knows. It hasn't bothered me much but I am driving the car more and It would be nice to be a little more comfortable.