Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Gettin' sick of it all....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-03, 09:49 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SC/LS Kit will be none intercooled for the 7 psi. Stage II will have more goodies, but the cost will go up too. Not everyone want all those work. The 7 psi will cost less than $5,000 for sure. At 7 psi, intercooling is not that important. Most of us dont have $50,000 to spare on T/TT. Therefore, supercharging the SC/LS will make at least 95% of SC/LS owners happy. The other 5% would like to see 20 psi. If I see continues interest, it will drive me more to finish this project.

To make some of you happy, i will be using Blow off valve instead of bypass valve.
Old 07-09-03, 10:36 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Emerald
Uhhhhhh, no.....I dont have money problems and the car had to be re certified by Lexus, This is the 2nd of three owned by me and my BF (sold the first and 3rd)
obviously my statement went to the majority not the few.
Old 07-09-03, 10:42 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by VSsc400
obviously my statement went to the majority not the few.
On second thought......I think that you are correct.
Old 07-09-03, 11:16 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

My car just recieved a fresh low mileage engine with thicker head gaskets, hard studs and fuel upgrade. I will installing an FMIC. Tuning is next. Shooting for 15 to 18 psi and aiming for around 500 rwhp.
Old 07-09-03, 12:35 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Static911
But after the incident with my IS 300 (partially because I don't know how nor do I want to learn how to drive a manual transmission and don't care to "warm up" nor "cool down" a turbocharged car), I'm hesitant on going forward with other Lexus forced induction projects.

E, what happened to the new ride?
Old 07-09-03, 01:21 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

well, the people who know anything about me, know spendin' money is like a curse on me, and i love toys that go fast, make a lot of noise ( music and mufflers ) and thus why i even mentioned it. my bizness is suckin' up most of my juice right now,...but by the time you ( lextreme ) say the kit may be available, i look to have already started into the surplus side of the economics, and forced induction is a necessity to me,... i hate gettin' smoked ( when it does happen ) and i hate anything stock ( unless it's a ferrari or 911 GT2 ),... so i will pay, will buy, will drive.... just tryin' to get the facts straight, so when i do buy,.. I ain't doin' this cuz i bought wrong ( the money i dumped into tryin' to make a NA 96 of all years 300Z's fast, I would have had a monster TT Z,... and I feel i may have done the same thing with this SC400.

I can't have Dr Rick down there in my home town terrorizing all the V8's with his G35!!! or as SICKLEX said,... the new honda applaince ( accord V6 ) layin' the smack down on me.

Last edited by NAZTY97; 07-09-03 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-09-03, 01:33 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Lextreme
The funny thing is that Lexus SC400/LS400 owners want more power, but they are not willing to pay for it. I have many connection with go fast parts, but no one seem to be interested.
I had the money, paid it, and the company went broke and the guy is still repaying me monthly. Area 51 went out of business too. If this was 1999 or 2000 you'd have people lining up to buy this stuff, but the economy doesn't allow for "extra" stuff at the moment.
Old 07-09-03, 01:54 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

in most cases the buyers were asked to pay ahead of time for something largely unproven...

and if it was proven it was alot of money for relatively low power. we all remember the $13k twin turbo kit that gave the SC a little over 100rwhp and it came with no management unit.

I think what people want is a proven product that can be easily upgraded for more power from a reputable place... so far the aftermarket tuners have not taken the interest or risk of plunging in to develope something. Look at TMengineering.. they took the time and risk and made bushing for the SC's and they can't make them fast enough....

Also due to lack of overall go-fast parts for the SC people have been reluctact to do ANY go-fast upgrades..... There are plenty of body kits for the SC and many have done it. There are enough suspension parts to do a COMPLETE upgrade for suspension and many have done that too. There is no complete go fast package for our car..... if there was there would be MANY that would do them.

IMHO
Old 07-09-03, 03:17 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

i think the lack of competition as well as product base messes it up as well.

look at honda or nissan,... multiple makers of any mod,... ecu, intake, exhaust, suspension, tranny, aerokits, brakes,...etc... not a monopoly type set up like we got. The price for a ECU for an SC400 is not realistic for the gains imo,... considering for other cars, there are chips out the box and tuneable that put out a hell of a lot more for half the price. Look at Supra mods vs cost as opposed to lexus mods vs cost.

I think if more than one company started doin' forced induction,... they would have an incentive to be more reasonable price wise,.... for the $13K that fool spent on his 100hp gain,... I would have bought another car and smoked him with that car and keep my lex, thus having 2 cars and some smokage to be issued out. $13K into a Supra or Z or RX7 would be sensible because the output per dollar is acceptable,... not in that case.
Old 07-09-03, 03:41 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I dont think he even got 100 out of it.
Old 07-09-03, 04:32 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Did some measurements today and its totally doable.
Old 07-09-03, 10:25 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Originally posted by Emerald

AWJ- I know you're serious about wanting a hood.

But I cant have these pressed for 1 or 3 hoods because of the methods/materials used for making them. I personally know of 2 companies that have tried and gave up because its not worth getting it done. One couldnt get it done without 20 up front. ...LoL!!
The other reason is: No one here wants to support the SC anymore..... at all

It is something that I'd still like to do, But I wont have any time till after NOPI, since it will be my personal 'project'.....I'll get it done
Thanks M. Keep my e-mail addy if one comes available. I'll quit hounding. Good luck at NOPI.
Old 07-10-03, 11:11 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

I'm going to get some flow work done, some standard cam work.. the usual go-fast stuff for any motor, since there's no real aftermarket for the 1UZ. I'll probably do most of the work on my own, aside from getting a PI TC (better grab one before they quit making those too) I'll pull power however I can.
Old 07-12-03, 08:11 AM
legendary
Racer

well, i bought my sC so I could have some funn with it...its all a matter of which is best...look at my reply to alstadt's thread

Nazty, don't feel bad...hang in there buddy...I thought of getting a z32tt, but decided that this car is worth it
Old 07-13-03, 07:58 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Singly turbo. The work is done. Just a matter of money folks.

Quick Reply: Gettin' sick of it all....