Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Gettin' sick of it all....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-03, 04:00 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Gettin' sick of it all....

Ok,... I hear of a mythilogical single turbo possibility for the SC400,... no confirmed prices or performance gain.... I'm actually thinkin' f@#$%! it and get a damn supra turbo or 300Z TT. The idea of getting a 97 SC300 and doin' a conversion doesn't seem very cost effective. Speakin' with the shop I trust in Austin, to do it "right" and not half @ss,... it would cost about $10K on top of whatever it costs me to get the car,.... and yeas, he said it could be done cheaper, but not the best way. Any suggestions???

How much do you think REALLY I would get for a 97 SC4 with 115K miles on it? Some of these Edmunds' type of sites think about $17-18K.

NAZTY in need of turbo power!

Last edited by NAZTY97; 07-07-03 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-07-03, 04:37 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

The single and TT's are totally do-able and pretty easy.
I recently sold the Turbos I was going to use for a TT setup on EBay and will most likely go with supercharging the car because of the EZ installation.

I have too many things 'on my plate' at this time to do it
Old 07-07-03, 07:03 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should speak with Lextreme. I think a cf bonnet is less likely to come by than a tt 1uz.
Old 07-07-03, 07:19 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just a little bit longer....... just hold on.... something will turn up...
Old 07-08-03, 12:55 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Dont give up on the V8, good things come for those who wait. We should have a Supercharged Kit out for the LS and SC V8 by the end of this year.

Single and Twin is possible, not too many people willing to loose AC or PS. That is why i am working on a Supercharged Kit that will bolt on. Low boost for street use. Hardcore will go with turbo.

Last edited by Lextreme; 07-08-03 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-08-03, 12:57 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Lextreme is tha man!

Old 07-08-03, 04:13 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

cool,... i just got set back with replacing that crack rim / tire, a $250 parkin' ticket, and need to get some new and lower suspension,... when doin' tha math,... i was like whoa,... the coupe is gettin' on my nerrrrves!! a supercharger will make all those disgruntlements go away.... I'll be too bizzy being happy with my new found power.
Old 07-08-03, 04:39 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

The funny thing is that Lexus SC400/LS400 owners want more power, but they are not willing to pay for it. I have many connection with go fast parts, but no one seem to be interested.
Old 07-08-03, 09:59 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Originally posted by Lextreme
The funny thing is that Lexus SC400/LS400 owners want more power, but they are not willing to pay for it. I have many connection with go fast parts, but no one seem to be interested.
Ahh... to have the cake and eat it too. Most of us are talk. But money talks and bs walks.

Wich reminds me. I need a CF hood. I have $$$$$$$$$$$

Em?
Old 07-09-03, 05:37 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the problem is the car needs a bunch more upgrades before you can go faster...
brakes and suspension are a must..... before going any faster in the car... and they are alot of money.

People who buy these cars either overstretched paying for their cars already or are buying the real cheap ones... so in 1 case you have people who spent all the money buying the car and the other case is that they are on a tight budget to begin with.... and also stuff for our cars are alot more money than others in comparison.

lextreme: if you have sources for Kaazz 1.5way LSD let me know. Cusco will do also.. i need it to be drop in with same gear ratios so Supra LSD won't do. PM me with the info. Thanks.

I have a 92 SC400
Old 07-09-03, 08:45 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

took a while to catch on huh? LoL!! thats just the way it is. People confuse "what they want" with "what they'll buy".

People will complain that there are no companies that make products for their cars but dont support the company's efforts.
Take a look at Weapon R or Cleansc4's company...They went the extra mile to do ECU's when everyone was 'talking' about them. Around the same time we started on an ECU project that was completed before those two.........but it was just for my car because I knew what the end result would be: Lots of R&D that will NEVER be recovered.

I pretty much just do stuff for my own car

We did a group effort on hoods years ago: My BF paid for a few hoods (before the ones I have) on good faith after listening to people complain about no parts 1 guy ended up sending half the money for the hood. LoL!!!

AWJ- I know you're serious about wanting a hood.

But I cant have these pressed for 1 or 3 hoods because of the methods/materials used for making them. I personally know of 2 companies that have tried and gave up because its not worth getting it done. One couldnt get it done without 20 up front. ...LoL!!
The other reason is: No one here wants to support the SC anymore..... at all

It is something that I'd still like to do, But I wont have any time till after NOPI, since it will be my personal 'project'.....I'll get it done
Old 07-09-03, 08:51 AM
Static911

We have tinkered with the idea of working with either PHR or CDI on doing the 1UZ-FE single turbo or twin turbo. I was quoted around $50,000 for engine, transmission and MoTec; the money isn't the problem. The problem is the time involved to get it right since it would be a "one off kit". You would think if you pay enough, everything will come out ok. But after the incident with my IS 300 (partially because I don't know how nor do I want to learn how to drive a manual transmission and don't care to "warm up" nor "cool down" a turbocharged car), I'm hesitant on going forward with other Lexus forced induction projects.

On the other hand, I still love how the SC look and plan to purchase a late model one in the future.

Last edited by Static911; 07-09-03 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-09-03, 08:58 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by VSsc400
....People who buy these cars either overstretched paying for their cars already or are buying the real cheap ones... so in 1 case you have people who spent all the money buying the car and the other case is that they are on a tight budget to begin with....
Uhhhhhh, no.....I dont have money problems and the car had to be re certified by Lexus, This is the 2nd of three owned by me and my BF (sold the first and 3rd)

.....I like the lines of the SC400 , I love the sound of its engine.

We have more than a few cars, that cost a lot more than mine........but this one is simply my favorite

I'm Seriously an SC enthusiast.
Old 07-09-03, 09:07 AM
Static911

I look forward to hearing any new turbocharger/supercharger kits for the SC 400.
Old 07-09-03, 09:26 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

If anyone is serious about doing a T or TT they should contact Lextreme......It's not that hard to do, if you are SERIOUS about doing it.

Quick Reply: Gettin' sick of it all....