Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Been beat to death, but 1jz into sc300 (tried searching)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-18, 03:44 PM
Tlaurin3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been beat to death, but 1jz into sc300 (tried searching)

Hello everyone, new to the forum. I'e been reading up and searching the last few weeks and still need any guidance I can get.
Buddy has a 1993 SC300 n/a. He wants to do a swap and drop a 1jz- gte vvti etcs-i into it. It's $1,400 with trans, igniter chip, ecu and harness. I am mechanically inclined. We both work on automated equipment and I've been wrenching for over 10 years. But modifications (electrical) are things I'm not terribly familiar with. He wants to use this chance to learn by helping me.
Onto the situation at hand. Hes not looking to go above 325 HP and already has the w58 in it so the trans wont be used. I know itll bolt up. Depending which pan it has, we would have to swap with the 2jz, drill and tap for the turbo return. Will these need a different return line? Can anybody suggest a quality intercooler kit?
Now the eletrical part. I'm stubborn and would like to do this myself haha. I know the harness must be extended ~25". But I've been searching and searching and can' find definitive information on the repinning of connectors and what connectors to buy for the body connectors. Can the drive-by-wire throttle body be hooked up correctly? Or how can it work. And it's an obd1 car, is there any way to run the obd2 connector???
If this is the swap we do, or I guess whatever we do, I'm going to try and do a full write up like others have promised and never delivered haha. Are imgur links acceptable to post??

Is the swap worth it??? Or would it be better to rebuild is 2jz-ge and slap a turbo on it?

guys, thanks so much for your time!