Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jzgte swapped sc300 horrible sputtering/bucks at 3000k rpm

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-18, 08:58 PM
LuisC1389
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jzgte swapped sc300 horrible sputtering/bucks at 3000k rpm

Guys hello, posting for a friend, we recently finished a manual swap on hes auto 1jz swapped sc300 , trans came from a 350z so we used a Collins adapter, the day we finished we got everything ready to drive and too it out, car runs fine and all but ofcourse we got no speedo. After a few days my friend is telling me the car started running weird, while cruising at about 3000 rpm the car will buck really hard and our afr goes from around 13-15 all the way to lean, its like hitting a fuel cut but then you give it more gas and after it passes 3000 rpm it runs fine from then on. We have checked everything, checked plugs, checked gaps, map sensor is connected to the correct vacuum, have tried everything but the ecu. No idea what it could be.

Today we were messing with it and found one the solders on the piggyback wires was loose and its the wire that you cut and splice the piggyback in between so its the one that controls the fuel, the others are inputs only for voltage and other sensors. I wonder if the wire coming loose and the ecu basically loosing that signal could have done something to the internals and now the ecu has damage and needs a fix. We did solder it back but still have that issue at 3k rpm lean spiking.

Mods are
1jzgte
bigger fuel pump, aftermarket fuel rail with aeromotive regulator and 550 cc injectors
we have an apexi piggyback , before when auto it was fine with all those mods.
single turbo at 12 psi also worked fine when auto.
Old 06-12-18, 04:01 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It could just be the ecu. I definitely am having the same problem. My SAFC shorted out and caused damage to my extra ecu. Do you have a spare ecu to try to see if the problem is still there?

My problem originated ates from my O2 sensor wiring laying on the single turbo manifold causing a short