Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC - Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-18, 10:08 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SC - Exhaust

This is a just a heads up for all those new to the SC like i am. Save yourself a headache.

after day in and day out of searching and searching exhaust options i pulled the trigger on a supra mk4 exhaust that needed some modification to fit.

this was all a lie.

buy a muffler and have custom piping done. Cheaper and quicker.

i first tried the circuit werks dual exhaust (fujitsubo knockoff) fitment was -_-

got the supra exhaust and its getting fitted right now. all new piping, but it will be ready for a swap.
Old 07-26-21, 06:24 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJohnE
This is a just a heads up for all those new to the SC like i am. Save yourself a headache.

after day in and day out of searching and searching exhaust options i pulled the trigger on a supra mk4 exhaust that needed some modification to fit.

this was all a lie.

buy a muffler and have custom piping done. Cheaper and quicker.

i first tried the circuit werks dual exhaust (fujitsubo knockoff) fitment was -_-

got the supra exhaust and its getting fitted right now. all new piping, but it will be ready for a swap.
Thanks for this. I was intrigued by the Circuit Werks exhaust, as I believe it is the only dual exhaust except for the Fujitsu on the market? And I liked that they didn't have the third (center) muffler like the Fujitsu system did. Was going to roll the dice on it as a cheap/easy fix, but after reading this thinking I should just bite the bullet and go custom as well...
Old 08-12-21, 07:18 PM
GTX580
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The circuit werks fitment is trash. And it is barely louder than stock.
Old 08-12-21, 07:39 PM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTX580
The circuit werks fitment is trash. And it is barely louder than stock.
Yeah, I think I'll just stick with what I've got. I've got Blitz Nur-Spec mufflers (which sounded unreal when the car was NA, unfortunately dulled a bit now that the car is turbo) and 3" downpipe and a BoostLogic 3" midpipe. I just need something custom from the mid-pipe to the axle-back mufflers and I'm golden. Always prefer a bolt-on option...just a shame that nobody makes anything for that singular component.