Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz swap strange symptoms

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-18, 02:29 PM
Defancey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz swap strange symptoms

Hello everyone new to the forum, getting desperate for some troubleshooting help!

So I have a 1jz-gte swapped sc300, a few weeks ago I noticed it idling rich, much more than normal like 11.5-12:1. Attempting to troubleshoot it I found and changed an o2 sensor and it did not fix the rich idle. Next on my list to check was the TPS, I took off the throttle body and adjusted the TPS. Checked plugs while I was at it and they all looked perfect. After that the car stopped starting, I turned to the TPS and triple checked its adjustment. Given the odd collection of symptoms and the lack of codes I sent the ECU off to be rebuilt (jzx100 I believe, auto jzx90 ecu),

I got the ecu back and have continued to try anything I can find. It wont even cough or sputter at me. So far I have:

confirmed the igniter is functioning correct, gave it battery power to make coil #1 spark, the plug arc'd nice and blue to the valve cover

checked the resistance on the crank and both cam sensors. crank sensor was a little bit low and got replaced

checked resistance on the coils and they all fell in the 0.5-0.8 ohm spec

double checked all grounds, including shooting from pin e11 to my ground. confirmed continuity

confirmed functionality of the MAP sensor

changed coolant temp sensor

Today I attempted to shoot for continuity from IGT1 on the ECU connector to IGT1 on the igniter connector and wasnt able to confirm continuity that way. I did not check the rest but I also don't see that specifically causing a crank no start, I believe it to be spark related as I cannot get any spark. I think i read somewhere that the injectors stop pulsing after ~6 or so injector cycles without the car starting.

I'm out of ideas and am hoping to get some help pointing me in the right direction to find out why this 1jz refuses to start. absolutely refuses to give me any signs of life.