Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

weird guage cluster and missfire? issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-18, 05:07 PM
sc4shelby
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird guage cluster and missfire? issues

Hey guys, im finally back in an sc400, and i must say i feel right back at home, anyways the sc i just picked up is a 92, it had a bad transmission but everything else was solid. i also picked up a 95 parts car that i used the trans out of. The swap went far from perfect..... but thats another story for another thread. Anyways after the swap, the backlighting of my cluster doesnt work, and the speedometer and tach dont move either. but my coolant temp works and gas guage works. i have a cel and im throwing codes 14, 15, 24, 25, 27, 31, and 71. This is my track car and has the iacv deleted, egr deleted, abs deleted and cats deleted. If anyone has any ideas or wiring diagrams for under the dash that would be great. Car runs almost perfect, i experience ignition/Fuel cut when initiating a slide, but its fine in a straight line. Any help at all would be great
Old 12-04-18, 03:36 PM
sc4shelby
Driver School Candidate

Default Misfire fixed, still cant figure out gauges

So i fixed the misfire, ended up being a bad sparkplug wire. Even though they were pretty new replacements. Still cant figure out guages. I have no speedo, no tach, and no backlighting/needles. The cluster is known working, even tested in my parts car and backlighting works in it.. but it wont in my actual car. Theres is a wire out of a pin for the cluster, but i doubt thst would cause all of my issues, gonna repin it after i eat and see what happens. Thinking i might have a ground that isnst connected as everything worked before i pulled my dash out. Once again does anyone have any kind of diagrams for this? Ive searched and have been having a hard time finding what i need.
Old 12-06-18, 12:23 PM
Ozzzzy
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

There are multiple fuses feeding the combination meter. Just because some of the meter is workings doesn't mean you didn't blow a fuse
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Combo.pdf (269.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 12-14-18, 10:28 PM
sc4shelby
Driver School Candidate

Default Fixed

I had found another diagram that was really poorly copied, and found a couple broken grounds. After fixing those i got the guages to work, then i was having random starter engagement while driving that turned out to be the fender harness not being repaired properly from the previous owner