Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SuperCharger Kit and New Mods- Excitement!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 06:20 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone,,, please calm down.... ok.. take a deep breath RYA and the new member..... Everything is fine.. just little misunderstanding........ re-read the link again... www.lextreme.com/rya.htm

This kit is NOT for everyone. This kit is for those who can afford it. Secondly, this kit is for those who wants a kick from the seat....... If you can answer the two questions above, then this kit might be for you.

Go fast cost money... Yes, with this price, you can buy another 1992 SC400. Now question is, do u want another SC400 or make the one u have now... go faster.... I would not be surprise if this new setup would run circles on the new M3....
Old 09-18-03, 07:34 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey n20:

Thanks for clarifying. No problemo. All is clear now.

Lextreme, thanks for the assistance...I was not upset. Just making sure it was clear that I never claimed 525 hp from just adding a supercharger to the 1UZ.

My car is having so much done to it, I should post my signature with a banner similar to Legendary's- Under construction. The supercharger will be on my car by mid October. Hopefully the headers as well. The catbacks will go on with the headers. I expect the cams to be ready by December. The heads will be ported and polished in November. Injectors and methanol injection will be added along with the Flash ECU- that time frame is probably first quarter 2004, due to the time frame for the ECU completion. Shift kit will only go in if we can work it out with the Flash ECU- Normal shifting at normal throttle, speed shifting at WOT. The torque converter will go in after all of this- need to dyno the car to determine the best stall time.

All the other good looks mods will be sometime in November.

I would rather do all of this to my personal car than buy an M3. I like the SC400 better. Can't wait to pull up next to one on the s____t!! Hell, give me that Cobra or Saleen. Let's go after the Vette as well!!

Ryan

Old 09-18-03, 08:04 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

I know this question has been asked many times but what about the transmission? I'm pretty sure it won't handle the kind of numbers you guys will be putting down. Will there be any sort of upgrades available to beef it up? If so, what is the plan?
Old 09-18-03, 09:34 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Vegas:

Trans should be fine, as long as in excellent stock condition. Be a good idea to add an oil cooler to it, besides that and Lextreme's re-built custom TC, should be good to go.

I had a good conversation with Todd of TM Engineering, he put a 250 shot of NOS in his SC400 and took it to the track. He tried to break the engine and trans, ran 12 straight runs, 12 second quarters, could not break the trans or destroy the engine.

I think the trans will be fine.

Ryan
Old 09-18-03, 09:54 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Get the power first and worry about the tranny later. Honestly speaking, have you hear of any SC400 or LS400 breaking their tranny? I have not. You have heard Supra TT and SC300 NA-T breaking their tranny not the 400. I have put to my 175,000 miles tranny with 410 bhp and no problem. Todd from TM Engineering ran 11second with stock tranny. With 5-8 psi, tranny is the last thing you should be worrying about. I plan to run around 500 rwhp very soon and tranny is the last thing i have to worry about.

If you abuse your tranny, low hp will break it too.... remember your right foot is the key to your tranny longivity.
Old 09-18-03, 10:27 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Todd:

Sorry for dissing your time bro, I remembered 12's? At least I can't be accused of exaggerating. Thanks Lex for the correction.

CAN'T WAIT TO GO HUNTING!!

Ryan
Old 09-19-03, 12:59 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the replies guys. I wasn't sure if Todd had done any tranny mods as well. I've got to wait until cash starts flowing again. In January, I'm on board.
Old 09-22-03, 07:25 PM
risc4
Driver School Candidate

Altstadt,

With just the supercharger alone, how quick do you think the car will be in the 1/4 mile? What wheels/tires will you have? Good luck!!! Looking forward to hearing more!

Lextreme or others,

I thought I read somewhere (your site? here?) that there were other supercharger options coming out soon. Is the Aussie kit coming here? Are you (Lextreme) building one for us too? Others???? I'm a little confused....but really happy that these options are finally happening!
Old 09-22-03, 09:04 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

To risc4: Good question, let me see...hmm...first I think I will reach down pull up the first number that comes out, nah, might not be accurate. Just kidding...

Seriously, there are so many different variables to consider that any number I tell you will be at least somewhat inaccurate. But, to take a stab at it, I have put in the estimated HP and weight into a 1/4 mile calculator I have, and this is what the numbers look like:

Let's assume the Lexus SC400 weighs 3,575 lbs., and that the stock HP is 260. Estimated 1/4 mile ET: 14.708 seconds. The Supercharger will add approximately 40% HP as a standalone bolt-on, this equals to 364 HP. Based upon that, the 1/4 mile ET: 13.148.

How about I just give you all my figures after I do the dynos and the times? Remember, the variables are enormous, from size and weight to time of day. temp, humidity, etc. You run 5 times, you will get 5 different times.

I am more interested in 0-60. That is where the thrill is to me. BTW, I am adding additional mods, and am planning to get to 505 HP minimum. Based upon that, the ET calculates my 1/4 mile time at: 11.788. I will be ecstatic to get there...

Hope I helped.

Ryan
Old 09-22-03, 10:02 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Risc,

I am working on the LS400 right now. I am will be working on the SC400 sometime early next year. Right now, only RYA-EFI charger is available. Get it now and save some money.

As for 1/4 mile time. Depending which direction you are going. My twin turbo Lexus LS400 can accelerate 9.8 meter per second square. If it can accelerate 9.8 meter per second sqaure or 32 feet/second. How fast do u think my car will be at the 1/4 mile line?
Old 09-22-03, 10:30 PM
risc4
Driver School Candidate

Lextreme,

Is this one of those tests where you will next ask me what color was the shirt that the car's driver was wearing or something??

Thanks for the update on yours. We emailed each other the other day BTW. You have a nice site and the forum was informative.

I learn so much every day from you guys here! Thanks
Old 09-23-03, 05:18 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Lextreme
As for 1/4 mile time. Depending which direction you are going. My twin turbo Lexus LS400 can accelerate 9.8 meter per second square.
You might want to get your car looked at, as my stock SC can accelerate at 9.8 meters per second squared too....depending on direction.

How fast do u think my car will be at the 1/4 mile line?
It would have reached its terminal velocity ~120 mph. depending on wind resistance.

Last edited by Keith13b; 09-23-03 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-23-03, 07:05 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

1/4 mile above land. Straight down. Gravity. Good job Keith. Now, i know i have the ability to make your car go fast...... Hey Keith, what is the ET? on the 1/4 mile drop?
Old 09-23-03, 08:43 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aldstadt,

Most of the earlier model sc400's pre vvti, run the 1/4 between 15.6 to 16 stock.

I don't think anyone has ever posted times on a vvti sc400. I believe jbrady in his vvti ls400 ran a 14.3 stock but with no mufflers and a BFI.
Old 09-23-03, 09:21 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Verylost:

Thanks. As I mentioned, many variables to get to ET over 1/4 mile. In my calcs above, I did not consider for the weight of the driver, amount of fuel in the tank, ambient conditions, wind sheer , atmospheric conditions , solar activity , position of the planets and the moon (might be slower right now due to extra gravitational pull from Mars being so close to Earth) , and last, but certainly not least, the competence of the driver-NOT!!.

Altstadt

Quick Reply: SuperCharger Kit and New Mods- Excitement!!!