Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SuperCharger Kit and New Mods- Excitement!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-03, 11:09 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if all those things were in your favor, I don't think you'd get very close to a 14.7 stock. Maybe a 15.3 but to run a full second faster than the average would mean that Lexus had some serious quality control problems.

I also think the saying is that for every 100 pounds you remove from the car, its about a tenth of a second in 1/4.

Oh yeah, I think TM Engineering was either using drag radials or slicks on those runs. That'll improve times by a great deal too.

Last edited by verylost; 09-23-03 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-23-03, 12:35 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Todd @ TM Engineering was using Mickie Thompson Slicks
Old 09-23-03, 05:07 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slick with NOS.
Old 09-23-03, 06:33 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Verylost, if you note, I was joking in some of my last reply. Because I can in no way give an accurate ET due to all of those conditions. So, you could be very right. If I want a real fast time, maybe I should follow Keiths suggestion, and go farther- take an C up to the top of the Sears Tower, and drop it. Problem is the car wouldn't run very well after that first run.

I am just trying to have a little fun and lighten the thread.

The last fitment specs are being completed and the charger will be on my car in mid-October. At that point, there will finally be one fitted, tested, run, dynoed, etc. Then we will know.

Ryan
Old 09-24-03, 11:43 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

altstadt:
you and I have exchanged pm's and emails a few times. and I thank you for replying and answering questions that I had.

So are you a performance shop? or are you a reseller? or are you a tuner? or a home based business?
I always believe in doing business(for things that involve these types of money) with someone who has been around the block and someone with a shop that I can go down to and visit the facility(if it need be). Of course since you seem to be the exclusive source for a complete kit I would have no other choice to go with your product if I in fact I was to go with this kit.

Here are my questions.
If I have a problem with assembly are you able to offer support?
Are you a performance shop? Tuner? reseller? home based business?
I've tried looking up RYA performance and I have not been able to find it anywhere. Where exactly is your shop?
Do you have a website?
Descriptions on Lextreme's website under RYA performance is somewhat general and generic. How do we trust you?
What are you qualifications as a tuner or an installer?
Are you the one doing the installation on your vehicle?
You mentioned on one of the PM's that the intercooler would go between the manifold and the supercharger. I don't see how this is possible... I've never heard of it and have not been able to find any packaged supercharger system that has this type of intercooling... please enlighten me.
On Lextreme's website you list methanol injection system. Is that the same unit as lextreme's methanol injection?
What is your relationship with lextreme?
how long have you been around?

I have a few more questions but want to ask in tranches so answer me these questions first.
I don't mean to be accusatory or critical. I'm only asking some questions since you seem to be taking orders for these units already but have not addressed some of these questions. I'm sorry if some of these things have been answered. I'm only asking questions that I have not felt that they have been answered.

thank you.
dennis

Last edited by VSsc400; 09-24-03 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-24-03, 10:39 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

To VSsc400:

Dennis, I have tried to answer this email several times today. Each time, I got bumped off. I finally decided to wait until I got to my own computer to answer your questions. Sorry for the delay. I must state clearly that although I have contacted CL for Vendor approval, we are not yet there. SO, until then, I cannot sell anything over this site. Please know that the info below is for information purposes only. And at this point, is mainly about what is going on my personal car.

YOUR QUESTIONS:

1)If I have a problem with assembly are you able to offer support?
Yes, you will have support. The name we have chosen for this company is RYA Tuned. We are in the process of setting up regional Sales and Support centers. For now, there is one Sales Center out of Central Florida, and two Support Centers- Central Florida, and Southern Cal (David Phan- Lextreme).

2)Are you a performance shop?
Yes

3)Tuner?
Yes

4)reseller?
Yes, with an important difference. RYA Tuned has teamed up with EFI Dynamics and Andy Richardson, who have spent two years developing this Blower kit. RYA Tuned approached them about a year ago to work on the Kit for the US spec model. That is the difference. We are not just importing this unit into the US- we are fitting it and tuning it for the US spec model SC400, as well as retrofitting it to fit the US spec GS400 and LS400. We also are in the early stages for a kit for the IS300. We are also providing warranty, and support for this bolt-on kit. We also carry other products for the Lexus Enthusiast.

5)home based business?
No

6)I've tried looking up RYA performance and I have not been able to find it anywhere. Where exactly is your shop?
Of course you would not. We are in our infancy. We were looking for the right products to get started. We are professionals in Sales, Marketing, Service, and Support. Our shop is located in Altamonte Springs, Florida.

7)Do you have a website?
Our website is in development, and will hopefully be up within three to four weeks.

8)Descriptions on Lextreme's website under RYA performance is somewhat general and generic. How do we trust you?
Wait till you see it working on my car...Keith, a fellow CL member will also witness the kit during installation and in action. He can tell you what he thinks. This product has been a long time in coming...It takes time to put together all that is necessary to make this a viable business. How do you mean general? Trust- it is something that has to be earned. Difficult to gain, easy to lose. Suffice it to say that we are a company that is set on overperforming, and being careful to only commit to what we can do. We have alot invested here, and all it takes is one bad experience to ruin us. We will keep our commitments...somebody will eventually step up and give us that shot. More details and pics will be coming soon.

9)What are you qualifications as a tuner or an installer?
My technician holds several automotive service certifications, including ASE, and several Acura NSX certifications. He has worked on Toyota, Lexus (he is the only person that touches my car besides Lexus), Acura, Honda, Nissan, etc. He is highly qualified. He has also been involved in several Supercharger development and Installation projects, in particular those that are specifically for the Acura NSX. He has worked on and installed several Roots type blowers for the Acura NSX- very similar kits to this one we are providing for the 1UZ-FE. His name is Luis Alicea.

10)Are you the one doing the installation on your vehicle?
Yes, and Luis will be too.

11)You mentioned on one of the PM's that the intercooler would go between the manifold and the supercharger. I don't see how this is possible... I've never heard of it and have not been able to find any packaged supercharger system that has this type of intercooling... please enlighten me.
On Lextreme's website you list methanol injection system. Is that the same unit as lextreme's methanol injection?
If you will go back and thoroughly read that email, you will note that I mentioned there will be a couple of stages of this blower- all of which we are developing in the US for the US market. Stage II is planned to have an intercooler which will sit directly under the blower- the best way to intercool a roots blower. This will be for serious modifications as the bonnet will have to be cut for this to fit. To intercool it any other way would be terribly expensive, and highly inefficient. Still, intercooling is expensive. Go back to Lextreme's site on intercooling. Run a search, you will find an extensive thread discussing this tyoe of intercooler, and posting pics of it. BTW, Lextreme's site is awesome for those that are hardcore performance mods enthusiasts. Lots of gold there...
For those that want more but do not want to go to that level, we are also developing the methanol injection unit- no cutting into the bonnet Yes, it is the one from Lextreme, modified and tuned to fit this kit. .

12)What is your relationship with lextreme?
He is my personal friend and trusted fellow Lexus enthusiast.

13)how long have you been around?
We are just beginning...

Well, I hope I have helped Dennis.

Ryan
Old 09-24-03, 11:34 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Here is my prototype Supercharged LS400 picture. Its just out of the oven. Few more mock fits and cnc plate in a week or so. I have been delaying it since i dont have a real deadline.
Attached Thumbnails SuperCharger Kit and New Mods- Excitement!!!-dsc04759.jpg  
Old 09-24-03, 11:37 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

different angel.... Once again, this is just a prototype... final product will be cnc with 3/4" aluminum plate. Clear the hood.
Attached Thumbnails SuperCharger Kit and New Mods- Excitement!!!-dsc04762.jpg  
Old 09-24-03, 11:45 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Stay tune.. more info and process.... oh, this is a LS400 not SC400
Attached Thumbnails SuperCharger Kit and New Mods- Excitement!!!-dsc04767.jpg  
Old 09-27-03, 06:29 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

damn!! are you losing anything(a/c,power steering,etc)by placing the supercharger in that location..?